Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

403 error when making site live

• 403 error when making site live

Posted 16 years 2 weeks ago
    • I have been working on a site with it in the "site offline yes" configuration while developing the site. I have now turned the site's configuration to offline no, and i am getting 403 errors all over the place on all the nav items. It all worked fine while it was offline. I have no idea of where to even start with this. i am using the newest joomla 1.5.

cheers,

rt_elixer2.0_j15 is the template i am using.
  • Re: 403 error when making site live

• 1. Can you provide a link
      2. Have SEO or SEF turned on?
    • Jessica Kennedy

• Jeff Brown wrote:
      1. Can you provide a link
      2. Have SEO or SEF turned on?

the link is www.healthsourcend.ca
      i had turned the SEO and the SEF on at one point but turned it off as i thought that might be the problem.
      i am using the joomla 1.5 stable release.

I started thinking that maybe it has something to do with permissions or something got messed up with that. I also had my client login to this and make some type changes through the front end, and thought that it may of done something. Other than that i am totally stumped.

I have searched the joomla.org forum and didn't really find anything.

cheers,

• I believe the SEO had changed the story articles path, try investigation the menu items to see if they are REALLY pointing to the right location and make sure they are set up for public.
    • Jessica Kennedy

• Jeff Brown wrote:
      I believe the SEO had changed the story articles path, try investigation the menu items to see if they are REALLY pointing to the right location and make sure they are set up for public.

The weird thing is that when i make the site off line and login to it through the front end login screen all the menu items work fine. so they seem to be linked properly. I also tried creating a new navigation item and link it to an article and it also came up with the 403 error, when the site was made live.

• Jeff Brown wrote:
      I believe the SEO had changed the story articles path, try investigation the menu items to see if they are REALLY pointing to the right location and make sure they are set up for public.
      Hi Jeff,
      I think the SEO must of done something to it. How do i check to see if they are really pointing to the right location. From what i can tell the article's id seems to be correct.
      If there are any other suggestions i would greatly appreciate any help here. This site is suppose to go live and i am totally lost as to what to do. as you can see there is a bead of sweat running off my brow!
      thanks in advanced

• open you filemanager or FTP client, and use it to rename your .htaccess back to htaccess.txt
      Next, open your configuration.php file (wich is also located in your Joomla root folder) and change the
      $mosConfig_sef = '1';
      line to:
      $mosConfig_sef = '0';

Save the configuration.php and you're back to non-sef, but working URLs.
    • Jessica Kennedy

• Jeff Brown wrote:
      open you filemanager or FTP client, and use it to rename your .htaccess back to htaccess.txt
      Next, open your configuration.php file (wich is also located in your Joomla root folder) and change the
      $mosConfig_sef = '1';
      line to:
      $mosConfig_sef = '0';

this is what they were set too:
      var $sef = '0';
      var $sef_rewrite = '0';
      var $sef_suffix = '0';

how come my config file is looking different. is this because it is 1.5?

Save the configuration.php and you're back to non-sef, but working URLs.

• Yes, sorry, I grabbed mine :)

Try deleting the cache under tools
    • Jessica Kennedy

• i got it sorted out. I hired a programer from odesk to trouble shoot it, he solved the problem in a half an hour. He actually said that there was something wrong with the db, and the way it was linking back up.

thanks for you help.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds