Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Backend error, changed live site

• mashdun
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Backend error, changed live site

Posted 16 years 3 weeks ago
    • This should be simple but I having trouble with it and couldn't find it on the forum. I changed my live site in the configuration.php file, added www. Now if I go to the www.mysite.com/administrator it won't allow me to login... no errors, just redirects right back to the admin login. So I tried accessing the admin login without the www, mysite.com/administrator ... and it then allowed me to login. Once in, it would give me error when I tried to add content. Is there something else I need to do to add the www. to the admin side?

Should I just redirect the mysite.com to www.mysite.com in htaccess file as in Andy's post? Will that fix the error?
      By the way, I am using Joomla 1.0

Thanks,
      Matt
    • Last Edit: 16 years 3 weeks ago by mashdun.
    • mashdun
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: Backend error, changed live site

• I added the redirect in the .htaccess file and that does not fix this problem.... it only redirects the URL to add the www. Now if I try to access the backend without the www. it redirects and adds it. When I try to login, it just loops back to the login and clears the username and password. Can't access the backend at all without going back into the .htaccess and removing the redirect, which I want to keep. Not sure now, what causes the loop.
    • mashdun
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• OK... went back in a changed the live site back to mysite.com , leaving off the www. It allowed me to login from the backend without changing the redirect in the .htaccess file. So, it is still redirecting to www.mysite.com . I tried to add content but still got the same error.... so I changed the editor from TinyMCE to No WYSIWYG Editor and that seemed to fix the error. Now, should I go back and change the configuration.php file to show my live site with the www. or leave it without and just keep the redirect? Going to try to find a thread on the error caused by the TinyMCE editor. If you know the problem and there is a fix, let me know please. Thanks!

Matt
    • mashdun
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Ok.... I changed the configuration.php to show my live site with www. I have found that the error comes from the TinyMCE editor. I unpublished TinyMCE, then tried JCE. After changing the editor in global configuration to JCE, i gave it a try.... only to get fatal errors. Pretty sure it hs something to do with IE 7.0. I then uploaded the JoomlaFCK editor and changed it in the global configuration, and bam.... it works. Haven't tried any of this with Firefox yet, that will be next.... but JoomlaFCK works with IE 7.0! Hope this helps!

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds