Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

The Ultimate php.ini file - ultimate security for your joomla site

• The Ultimate php.ini file - ultimate security for your joomla site

Posted 16 years 3 weeks ago
    • I must have seen at least 4,000 threads about the php.ini file over at joomla.org on their forum.
      So I created this thread, this thread isn't for any questions, it so we can compile code to create the ultimate most secure php.ini file for a joomla site.

So if you have any code or suggestions just post them or pm me and I will add them to the ulitmate php.ini file so everyone can download and use it on their site.
    • Rocket Theme Rokker
      Joomla! Roks
      I Rokk
      U Rokk
    • GollumX
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: The Ultimate php.ini file - ultimate security for your joomla site

• Not a good idea I'm sorry to say. Every server config is different, and one should not override everything the server admin has included in the php.ini file.

The server admin knows the capacity of his server (RAM/CPU power) and he knows the number of other sites on his server and what his current server load is.

Some settings you change could have a negative effect on the server and your site along with the hundreds of other sites on the server.

There is the reason there is no one-size-fits-all php.ini file on j.org and why there shouldn't be one here.

The only ones you should change (if on shared hosting) are mentioned at J.org help site (not forums) and it is those that should be put into the php.ini file you have here (magic quotes, register globals, etc)

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but IMHO this will cause more problems than it will solve. :(
    • Say no to Internet Explorer 6.
      twitter.com/mark_up
  • Re: The Ultimate php.ini file - ultimate security for your joomla site

• I did not know that.

Thanks for the knowledge and the warning.

Could you share your .htaccess or php.ini file with us?
    • Rocket Theme Rokker
      Joomla! Roks
      I Rokk
      U Rokk

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds