Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Host says default_updated_files.php in template folders are infected

• Doug C
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Host says default_updated_files.php in template folders are infected

Posted 1 week 3 days ago
    • I have two sites running Joomla and RocketTheme templates, and this morning my hosting company sent me a security notice that the following file had a virus... in both accounts.

administrator/components/com_templates/tmpl/template/default_updated_files.php

Both were updated to Joomla 4.4.4 yesterday. The username and passwords are all super secure with no overlap, although the host suggests changing every password including the DB password. Is this a known false positve? Because it was discovered in both accounts at the same time after the update, it leads me to believe it is.

What steps do you recommend I take to ensure both accounts are safe?

Thanks!
    • Doug C
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: Host says default_updated_files.php in template folders are infected

Posted 1 week 3 days ago
    • Posted address and superuser credentials in the secure section of this post.

Thanks
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Host says default_updated_files.php in template folders are infected

Posted 1 week 1 day ago
    • This is unrelated to the theme and would be beyond Moderator support here; that's a Joomla core path. You can download that version of Joomla and see if that file exists and compare it for any differences. This post can remain as you've posted it a relevant forum if any other members would like to reply.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds