Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Template Manager '0 couldn't connect to host'

• sforder
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Template Manager '0 couldn't connect to host'

Posted 9 years 6 months ago
    • Hi

I have Joomla 3.2.1, php 5.3.10., RT Halcyon template, hosted on a virtual server onsite.

I am having trouble accessing the template /gantry config with the '0 couldn't connect to host' error

I have seen the following fix mentioned and have tried everything including currently running without any firewall

Firewall Options Enabled HTTP(s) outgoing connections

I can use template manager with any of the built-in templates.

Any help most appreciated as we can't currently do any frontend editing which is causing real problems in school.

many thanks

Simon

www.tiverton.devon.sch.uk
    • Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by sforder.
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Template Manager '0 couldn't connect to host'

• is cURL enabled on the server and is the info in configuration.php correct so that you can connect to the database and so on?
    • The following users have thanked you: Benjamin Carver

• Please reply with a direct link to the issue & create a new thread for each new issue.

A template is only as good as the content that goes into it ;) - DanG
    • sforder
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• We have got curl enabled and i have to assume the config file is all ok as we've been up and running on this new site since Easter. The only issue that I thought could be going on here is that we are sat behind a corporate firewall with our education ISP. This doen't affect anything other than stuff like Twitter feeds which need special configuration to run but I didn't think the template manager would need to pass out of and then back in through the proxy?
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• sforder
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I updated to Joomla 3.3 and set the proxy settings in the global config, which is a new development that had bypassed me - everything now works hooray!!

Simon
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• sforder
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Well that joy was short lived. I was hoping there would be a setting in Gantry to allow me to turn back on the frontend editing button which has disappeared from this Halcyon template. The editing is there when I try assigning the Protostar Joomla template or the RT Ximena but nothing on this Halcyon. Our web developer has jumped ship, would she have turned it off anywhere in the template settings that you could point me at?

Thanks

Simon
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Have you changed anything on the server, proxy, cache or updated Joomla and plugins since it stopped working again?
    • Please reply with a direct link to the issue & create a new thread for each new issue.

• sforder
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Not really sure if she changed anything to alter the code on the template which would have supressed all the icons but I am unaware that the icons have ever been there since the new site was published. I have them turned on globally in the Article Manager and checked that the menu manager shows 'use global' but my front end has no icons at all. If I set the Ximenia template as the default though it shows the icons as expected (images attached), hence my pointing the finger at the template itself...

Happy to give you access if that will help at all?
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Sure, i can have a look if you provide the Joomla admin login as well as FTP-login details. Click on the Secure tab when replying so that this info is only visible to moderators and admins here.. :)

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds