Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry Framework Overview Part 1

• Roeland_A!
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Gantry Framework Overview Part 1

Posted 14 years 5 months ago
    • Looks pretty amazing chief, can't wait to get my hands on it :D
    • *Karma comes in many forms, my personal favourite is the random saucepan from the sky* J.Spencer 17-02-2009
  • Re: Gantry Framework Overview Part 1

• What license(s) will Gantry be released under?
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• This is not fully fleshed out yet.

While Gantry is released part-in-parcel with the monthly template releases, ie, those templates being built on Gantry, it will be the same license as always, GPL compatible. PHP is 100% GPL, but use of the JS, CSS, Images, etc is bound by the Terms of Service of the template club and will be restricted via your entitlements.

I'm thinking we will make the standalone gantry template available to developer members, as they have unlimited entitlements, so developers will be have access to the latest, 'clean' version of gantry to use in their client projects.
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• Andy Miller wrote:
      I'm thinking we will make the standalone gantry template available to developer members, as they have unlimited entitlements, so developers will be have access to the latest, 'clean' version of gantry to use in their client projects.
      8)
  • Re: Gantry Framework Overview Part 1

• Damn!

Andy, do you still have time to sleep? And to think, you still have time to blog!

I'm not a coder but I'm sure this new Gantry of yours will simplify the tweaking of RT templates to my liking.

Heh, I've been working with "Gantries" for the last five years (in power engineering projects) as a flexible take-off point for transmission lines. It sounds the same but your new Gantry will surely redefine what this word means to me. LOL!

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds