Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 3.2beta1 for Joomla 1.6 Released

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Gantry 3.2beta1 for Joomla 1.6 Released

Posted 13 years 2 months ago
    • Well, after much effort and dedication we've released the first public beta of our Gantry Framework for Joomla 1.6. You can find out all the details and more information here:

www.gantry-framework.org/news/119-joomla...ion-32beta1-released

NOTE: This does not magically enable Joomla 1.5 templates and extensions to work in Joomla 1.6

So what's next? We have to convert RokMiniEvents and some final installer and validation testing on the rest of our 'first-round' of extension conversions. We plan to release these next week along with our first Joomla 1.6 template "Tachyon". After Tachyon is released, we'll start cranking out the other Gantry templates working backwards from most recent to the older ones. Of course we'll have to take into account the development of our upcoming "March" template but that's progressing nicely also.
  • Re: Gantry 3.2beta1 for Joomla 1.6 Released

• Well done.

I have trust and confidence in the work which has been released, because I know it's complex, and I know it's been done properly before release, I'll play with the Beta tomorrow 8)

Being a little more educated about these things now... I'm not rushing to any conversions to 1.6 / 1.7, but I do look forward to playing with the new system and RT templates as they emerge :D

Before finally having to give into "fear of change" and taking the final plunge with all my sites!

Exciting times :cheesy:
    • Lawn Mowing Perth | Lawn Care Tips
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

Re: Gantry 3.2beta1 for Joomla 1.6 Released

• I love the new "tab"-look :-)

• Wow. Just wow. This looks brilliant! Thanks for the dedication to quality. The UI is wonderful!
    • Doug McCormick

Calgary Dev

• I have a brand new Joomla 1.6 website. I installed this beta 3.2 Gantry...

So far looks good, but for the life of me I cannot get the menu to work?

In the past, the menu pretty much worked automatically when I use a rocketheme template... this time not... I have set the Ganty options in the template manager to use the Main Menu, but so far no luck.

Any suggestions as to why?

www.touro.fr

m

• oh, and also... how long until you have the Tacyon template ready for 1.6? I am pretty excited to try it out...

?
      thanks
      M
    • themouse
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• quofet wrote:
      I have a brand new Joomla 1.6 website. I installed this beta 3.2 Gantry...

So far looks good, but for the life of me I cannot get the menu to work?

In the past, the menu pretty much worked automatically when I use a rocketheme template... this time not... I have set the Ganty options in the template manager to use the Main Menu, but so far no luck.

Any suggestions as to why?

www.touro.fr

m

goto the module manager, and set the module position to "navigation"
    • Uncas
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• First: Thanks! for all the work you did and do on J1.6 Gantry & Templates!

Same problem here ( lx14.neteffx.net/NYSAIEP/index.php/about-nysaiep ). Developing new site and the horizontal dropdown menu is non-functioning. I tried publishing to "navigation" position and many other combinations. Dropdowns don't work, and menu doesn't even appear reliably in most positions
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• "dropdowns" and the more advanced Fusion Menu are powered by RokNavMenu which we plan on releasing for 1.6 this week.

You can use a regular mod_mainmenu module in the navigation position however, although functionality is going to be quite limited.
    • Uncas
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Andy, thanks for the prompt and useful answer! I am happy to wait for the next release, this week.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds