Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Is there a GA4 Google Analytic particle available?

• Is there a GA4 Google Analytic particle available?

Posted 1 week 2 days ago
    • I have been looking for a while for a GA4 compatible particle, but I cannot find one anywhere.
      I insert the GA4 code in the <head> field in the template, but that's less than ideal because whatever goes there appears right above the closing </head> tag and may not work as well as it should.

Short of creating my own file with the code hard coded in, is there a better solution I should look into? The old UA Analytics particle is still availabl'e in several places, but unbless it has been updated and I am not aware of it, there is no particle for GA4 which right now is the only game in town.

Incidentally, there is a way to keep working with the old UA code when setting up GA4, but I don't se why anyone woiuld do that, as it limits the data GA4 shows.

I was also thinking of reverse engineering the UA particle, but I'd prefer not to "experiment" with that. I know Gantry better than most and I make my own templates, but I am not that familiar with particles.

Thank you.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Is there a GA4 Google Analytic particle available?

Posted 1 week 2 days ago
    • There is not. I think you should definitely experiment with creating your own Particle though, TWIG and YAML make it pretty straightforward.

I think just putting the code snippet they provide in your Base Outline > Page Settings > Head Properties > Custom Content is fine.

UA hasn't processed hits since July 1st 2023 and after July 1st 2024 you won't be able to access any data in a UA account (directly).

If you used the migration tool you're currently able to process data via GA4 using old UA code snippets, but that will cease to work after July 1st 2024 as well (I believe).

support.google.com/analytics/answer/11583528?hl=en
    • Last Edit: 1 week 2 days ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds