Clarion Magento Template
Clarion, the 13th Magento Club template release, is a subtle theme, primed for business use or as a platform for extensive individual customization.
The theme boasts 12 style variations, meticulously constructed to perfection, with our 12 RokMage extensions seemlessly integrated with the design.
12 Integrated RokMage Extensions
Clarion utilizes 12 of our custom RokMage Magento extensions, which come fully integrated with the template. Completely configurable from the admin panel, via System -> Configuration -> RT RokMage Modules, these extensions allow you to easily arrange your store exactly how you wish - adding a vast amount of extra options not otherwise available - and giving you unprecedented control over the design of your store.
Features and Screenshots
- 12 Preset Color Variations
- MageMenus extension
- ModalHeader extension
- HomepageGrid extension
- CategoryView extension
- ContentSlider extension
- ProductScroller extension
- ProductView extension
- CmsCallouts extension
- ImageBorders extension
- FooterBlock extension
- ProductVideo extension
- FeaturedProducts extension
- Recently Viewed Footer Thumblist
- Smooth jQuery menu and other animations
- FF4+, Opera 9.6, Safari 3, IE8, 9 Compatible
- W3C XHTML 1.0 Strict. W3C CSS Valid
Downloading the Theme Files
To install the theme, you only need one file:-
- Clarion Theme (rt_clarion_m.zip) This file is the template package you will use to install your template in Magento. All files are laid out in the correct directory structure, so are ready to be dropped into an existing Magento installation.
There are other files that you may wish to download that accompany the release, but are not required for the theme to work.
- Clarion Source PNG(s) rt_clarion_m-sources.zip – This contains all the Adobe Fireworks PNG source files for the template, and if applicable, the logo font.
- Extract rt_clarion_m.zip
- Open your FTP client (for example FileZilla)
- Upload the contents of the unzipped folder to your Magento root directory, being sure to Merge and not Overwrite the files!
- Login to the Magento administrator dashboard (http://www.yoursite.com/admin/ by default)
- Go to System -> Configuration
- Click the Design tab on the left
- Under the Package heading, add clarion as the Current Package Name
- Under the Themes heading, add style1 (or which ever preset you prefer) as the Skin (Images / CSS), and light as the Default, and save
Installing the RokMage extension settings
The integrated RokMage extensions are all incuded in the download zip. However, the configuration settings for each extension also make up part of the theme, as they control image sizes, layout options, animation settings and so on, so these also need to be added. If you've set up a fresh magento store (with or without sample data) and have yet to start on any customization, you can simply drop the extension settings sql installer file (mysql4-install-1.0.php) into the ExtensionSetup module (app/code/community/Rockettheme/ExtensionSetup/sql/extensionsetup_setup/), replacing the dummy file that's currently there, and it will add the correct tables to your database, complete with the correct settings for each extension.
It will also automatically edit your CMS homepage to show the HomepageGrid extension, edit the other default CMS pages to use the correct RokMageLayout for the theme, and edit the footer menu CMS block to work within the FooterBlock extension. Be sure to replace the installer file BEFORE you add the theme files to your Magento installation, otherwise the ExtensionSetup module will run with the dummy file in place.
You can download the extension settings installer file from the template download page.
Installing a Clarion Demo Store (with Sample Data)
If you wish to see the theme in a full store setting, you can download the Clarion RocketLauncher. This will install a complete version of Magento, along with all template files and extensions, plus the Magento sample data.
- Download the Clarion RocketLauncher Package (rt_clarion_m-rocketlauncher.zip) from the Clarion template downloads section
- Unzip the package on your computer to reveal the rt_clarion_m-rocketlauncher folder
- Upload this to your webspace using your FTP client
- Direct your browser to the installation (for example www.yoursite.com/rt_clarion_m-rocketlauncher)
- Follow the installation instructions, inserting your database information (host name, mysql username and mysql password)
- Complete your installation
Frequently Asked Questions
- Log in to the Magento admin panel
- Go to System -> Configuration
- Look under the RT RokMage Modules section in the left side menu
- From the Magento admin, go to CMS -> Pages
- Either select your current Homepage or make a new one if needed
- Add the following to the content section, replacing any text that may already be there:
- From the Magento admin, go to System -> Cache Management
- Click "Select All" and set the "Actions" dropdown to "Disable" and hit Submit
- From the Magento admin, go to System -> Configuration
- Click the "Design" tab on the left
- Under the "Package" heading, add "clarion" as the Current Package Name
- Under the "Themes" heading, add "style1" as the Skin (Images / CSS), add "light" as the Default and save
Sure. Simply follow the same procedure as above, but this time, using the "Current Configuration Scope" dropdown at the top left, select the store you wish to add the theme to. You will need to un-check "Use Website" next to each input. You can also edit any of the RokMage extension settings, again by un-checking "Use Website" next to each input, and the newly added settings will only apply to the current store.
Simply log out and log in again to fix it.
Yes. Simply copy over the Clarion folders in skin/frontend and app/design/frontend, to the same locations in your Magento directory. Then follow the instructions above on adding the theme to a current store. Bear in mind that the extension settings do form part of the theme, so things may not look exactly like the Clarion demo.
Please check your file permissions are correct, as per the official installation instructions. If you're still having problems, and your current hosting platform does not seem to be letting Magento install, it's very possible that Apache is running PHP in an suEXEC/suPHP Environment. In that case, you can try downloading this file, and upload it to the directory you are installing Magento in. Next, visit "http://MY_MAGENTO_SITE.com/magento-cleanup.php", replacing "MY_MAGENTO_SITE.com" with your domain. This sorts through the file permissions, clears the cache, and makes it possible for Magento to operate correctly. Please delete this file from your server when you are done.
Please see the Clarion downloads page for a changelog.