Synapse March 2008 Joomla Template
The Synapse template was created to provide a beautiful design focused on elegance and variety. Synapse comes bundled with 10 beautifully rich style variations, a versatile 20 module positions, and a whole slew of preset font configurations. The style variants allow you to utilize Synapse in a range of different sites to suit your needs.
Synapse also features some powerful functionality including the all new sleek RokContentRotator module, RokMooMenu, tabbed modules, RokZoom integration, and so much more…
Features and Screenshots
- The New RokContentRotator Module
- 20 Fully Collapsible Module Positions
- RokSlide Tabbed Module System
- 1.5 RocketLauncher Package Available
- 1, 2, and 3 Column Layout Options
- 3 Built-in Menu Systems
- RokZoom Integration - Custom Slimbox Variant
- Source Adobe PNG Source Files Included
- W3C XHTML 1.0 Transitional. W3C CSS Valid
The New RokContentRotator Module
This month, we are pleased to release yet another excellent mootools based module called RokContentRotator. This module is another fine way to introduce snippets of your top stories in a seamless fashion. You can view this module in action on the frontpage of the Synapse demo.
Get started using Synapse with a wide variety of written and video tutorials explaining installation, configuration, custom modules, and much more More Details...
Installation - Joomla 1.5
Downloading the Template Files
- Synapse Template (rt_synapse_j15.tgz) This file is the template package you will use to install Synapse into Joomla.
- Synapse Custom Extensions (synapse-extensions-j15.zip) This package contains each of the individual custom extensions included in the Synapse template release.
- Synapse Source PNG's (synapse-sources.zip) This package contains the Adobe Fireworks source png's for making modifications and customizations to the images in the template. You will need Adobe Fireworks image editing to fully utilize the Source PNG files.
Using the Joomla Installer
From the Menu in your Joomla Administrator, go to Extensions → Install/Uninstall.
Next, browse for your rt_synapse_j15.tgz file you downloaded and then click Upload File & Install.
Making Synapse the Default
Next, go to Extensions → Template Manager. Find rt_synapse_j15 on the list of installed templates.
Select the radio button to the left and then click Default up in the top right corner. Synapse is now your default template.
Additionally, you can also edit the template's customization parameters by selecting this same radio button and clicking the "Edit" button in the top right corner.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is not enabled by default, but can easily be turned on or off with a toggle in the template index.php. When enabled, users visiting your site with IE6 only, will be able to view the message. By enabling this, you can help fight the good fight that rids the internet of the evil incarnation that is IE6! More Details...
- Position: bottom
- Menu Style: Flat List