MissionControl Joomla Administrator Template
MissionControl is a brand new FREE Joomla Administrator Template that has been developed for Joomla 2.5. This stunning new design focuses on optimizing usability, improving efficiency, while maintaining functionality and customizability.
The primary goal of MissionControl is to make Joomla more enjoyable to administrate and to make the job of configure a Joomla-based website easier and more efficient. MissionControl is packed full of goodies to help achieve these lofty goals, and once you've started using it, you'll find it hard to use anything else. Trust us!
Features and Screenshots
- Free and GPL
- Compatible with Joomla 2.5
- Fast and Efficient: CSS3 and minimal images
- Configurable width: S, M, L and Variable
- Color Pickers for easy customization
- Custom Logo Uploading
- Ajax: EditorSwitcher, CacheCleaner +more
- BlackList functionality for extensions
- Auto-Update Functionality
- Consistent color-coding for usability
- Subtle animation effects for desktop-like usability
- Improved Article Edit panel +more
- RokQuickLinks Module for fast custom links
- RokUserStats Module for user statistics
- RokUserChart visual activity chart
- RokAdminAudit Module to track admin activity
- 3rd-party overrides for Zoo, Docman, K2 +more
- Chrome, Safari, Firefox4, Opera, IE7+
All 3rd-party extensions are designed to work seamlessly with the default Joomla administrator template. As such they often have hard-coded design elements that render them difficult to adapt when it comes to non-standard administrator templates such as MissionControl. We have included some styling overrides in the default MissionControl template for a few well known and often installed extensions (Zoo, K2, Docman, RokDownloads, etc), but you may run into visual issues with other extensions. To mitigate this, we have provided a blacklist functionality that allows you to select extensions that MissionControl will temporarily switch back to the default template for. This allows you to administrate those extensions in a known 'safe' template, but for the majority of your administration tasks, you can use MissionControl.
MissionControl has been built to be very flexible and adaptable when it comes to extension styling. In the MissionControl template folder is directory called "overrides", within this folder are overrides based on the name of components. For example K2 has it's own folder called "com_k2", and within this there are 3 possible files:
- injections-post.php - These PHPQuery style modifications are appended to the default list of PHPQueries that MissionControl uses by default
- injections-replace.php - These PHPQuery style modifications replace the existing MissionControl queries
- override.css.php - Extra CSS specific for this extension. You can also use our custom color PHP tags for dynamic color support
If you would like to style a specific component, please create a new folder with the correct name of the extension, and use the provided examples as a model. Then if you send us this folder, we can include it in future versions of MissionControl.
Installation - Joomla 2.5
Downloading the Template Files
To install the template, you need the following file:
- MissionControl Template for 2.5 (Bundle) rt_missioncontrol.zip - This is the bundle template file that you use to install into Joomla 2.5 that includes the template, modules and system plugin required to use MissionControl.
Using the Joomla Installer
From the Menu in your Joomla Administrator, go to Extensions → Install/Uninstall.
Next, browse for the rt_missioncontrol.zip file that you downloaded earlier and then click Upload File & Install.
Making MissionControl the Default Admin Template
Next, go to Extensions → Template Manager. rt_missioncontrol.zip on the list of installed templates.
Select the checkbox to the left and then click "Make Default" up in the top right corner. MissionControl is now your default adminstrator template.
Additionally, you can also edit the template's customization parameters by selecting this same radio button and clicking the "Edit" button in the top right corner.