Metropolis November 2012 Joomla Template
Metropolis, the November 2012 template release, is an elegantly designed theme, combining simple color schemes and shades to complement an array of different content setups. An excellent style layer above the responsive Gantry core.
The template's content functionality is powered by RokSprocket, which has integrated styling for Metropolis. A standard assortment of features are also included.
Features and Screenshots
- Joomla 2.5 / 3.x Compatible
- Responsive Layout
- 10 Preset Styles
- 76 Module Positions
- 10 Styled and 25 Structural Module Suffixes
- RokSprocket Responsive Layout Integrated
- Styled Support for Responsive K2 Layout
- Powerful Gantry 4 Framework
- Custom Content Typography
- Dropdown & Splitmenu
- Load Transitions
- FF, Safari, Chrome, Opera, IE8+ Compatible
- HTML5, CSS3, LESS CSS
Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.x Compatible
Metropolis is compatible with both Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.x. Our extensions included in this template, RokNavMenu, RokSprocket, RokPad, RokCandy, RokAjaxSearch, RokBox, and RokBooster have already been converted to be Joomla 3 compatible as well.
New Dropdown Menu
The Dropdown Menu is an advanced CSS driven dropdown menu system. It offers advanced structural features such as multiple columns, inline icons and text, inline modules and positions, custom column widths, item distribution and menu offsets. All of these are configurable for each menu item.
For mobile devices, a basic version of the Dropdown Menu will be used. It is activated by a custom menu icon in the top left of the screen. It will either be a tree view or select box menu, as configurable. All other sizes will use the menu's full version.
Responsive Layout for RokSprocket
Metropolis comes with the RokSprocket extension that are built to work with a responsive layout and support mobile touch events, such as 'swipe'.
K2 (3rd Party) Responsive Layout
K2 is the popular powerful content extension for Joomla! with CCK-like features. Metropolis also comes with the K2 extension that is built to work with the responsive layout.
Downloading the Template Files
To install the template, you need one of the following files.
Files required for the template to function:
- Template (Standalone) rt_metropolis.zip - Standalone template file without the Gantry Framework.
- Template (Bundle) rt_metropolis-bundle.zip - Template plus the Gantry Framework.
- RokNavMenu rt_metropolis-extensions.zip(unzip first) or mod_roknavmenu_j16.zip - Required for the menu to work.
There are other files that you may wish to download that accompany the release, but are not required for the template to work.
- Source PNG(s) rt_metropolis-sources.zip - Adobe® Fireworks PNG source file(s) and any applicable fonts.
- Source BG PNG(s) rt_metropolis-sources-bg.zip - Adobe® Fireworks PNG BG source file(s). Only distributed if the template has complex BGs.
- Extensions rt_metropolis-extensions.zip - All extensions for the template.
- RocketLauncher rt_metropolis-rocketlauncher.zip - Demo replica installer.
Using the Joomla Installer
- Install the template at Admin → Extensions → Extensions Manager → Browse for rt_metropolis.zip → Upload & Install
Making Metropolis the Default
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a non-exhaustive changelog for the Metropolis Template, inclusive of any alpha, beta, release candidate and final versions.