Maelstrom January 2011 Joomla Template
Maelstrom, the January 2011 release, illustrates the elegance of merging a complex style infrastructure, with a dynamic, and flexible feature set. Perfect for your portfolio or gallery site.
The theme features animated header background images, configurable to be cross-fading or scrolling, whether in the horizontal or vertical axises. This, in combination with the diverse number of module variations, create a perfectly designed sandbox to develop a beautiful online presence.
Features and Screenshots
- Animated Background Images
- New RokStories Layout
- Scrolling Module Rows
- Gantry Framework
- 8 Preset Styles
- Fusion with MegaMenu & Splitmenu
- RocketTheme Extensions Styling
- Custom Typography
- Custom JS Form Styling
- 70 Module Positions
- 31 Module Variations - Over 250 Combinations
- FF 3.6, Safari 4, Opera 10.x, IE7-IE8 Compatible
- W3C XHTML 1.0 / CSS 3 Valid
Animated Header Background Images
Each Preset Style has an animated header, ranging from transition to scroll animation types.
- Transition: Automatically cycle/rotate through a series of background images, as part of a sequence to create a moving animation.
- Scrolling: A vertically/horizontally scrolling effect for the background image, simulating object movement and animation.
- Configuration: Control type, speed and duration via the intuitive Gantry administrator.
Over 250 Module Suffix Combinations
Maelstrom has 31 inbuilt suffixes with 25 stylistic suffixes. These can be combined to create a diverse range of module styles. The box, title, icon and button variations must be placed in this order, such as box5 title5 icon2 button2. You can see how the module style develops in the screenshot below:More Details...
Scrolling Module Rows
Stacked modules published to the Top, Showcase, Feature or Bottom Module rows will load this feature; this places stacked modules inside a rotation element, triggered automatically or via arrows.More Details...
Installation - Joomla 1.5
Downloading the Template Files
To install the template, you need one of the following files:-
- Template (Standalone) rt_maelstrom_j15.tgz - Standalone template file.
- Template (Bundle) rt_maelstrom_j15-bundle.tar.gz - Template plus Gantry Component.
- RokNavMenu rt_maelstrom_j15-extensions.zip(unzip first) or mod_roknavmenu.zip - Required for the menu to work..
There are other files that you may wish to download that accompany the release, but are not required for the template to work.
- Source PNG(s) rt_maelstrom_j15-sources.zip - Adobe® Fireworks PNG source file(s) and any applicable fonts.
- Extensions rt_maelstrom_j15-extensions.zip - All extensions for the template.
- RocketLauncher rt_maelstrom_j15-rocketlauncher.zip - Demo replica installer.
Using the Joomla Installer
From the Menu in your Joomla Administrator, go to Extensions → Install/Uninstall.
Next, browse for the rt_maelstrom_j15.tgz or rt_maelstrom_j15-bundle.tar.gz file that you downloaded earlier and then click Upload File & Install.
Making Maelstrom the Default
Next, go to Extensions → Template Manager. Find rt_maelstrom_j15 on the list of installed templates.
Select the radio button to the left and then click Default up in the top right corner. Maelstrom is now your default template.
Additionally, you can also edit the template's customization parameters by selecting this same radio button and clicking the "Edit" button in the top right corner.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a non-exhaustive changelog for the Maelstrom Template, inclusive of any alpha, beta, release candidate and final versions.