Leviathan January 2013 Joomla Template
Leviathan, the January 2013 template release, is a visually enriched design with stunning graphics, contrasts and tones. Its sidebar adds focus and boldness, that complements and contrasts with the mainbody area to great effect.
The core of the template is based on the Gantry Framework, which provides a plethora of standardized features and functions. Also included is support for extensions such as RokSprocket.
Features and Screenshots
- Joomla 2.5 & Joomla 3.x Compatible
- Responsive Layout
- 8 Preset Styles
- 76 Module Positions
- 11 Styled & Numerous Structural Module Suffixes
- RokSprocket Responsive Layout Integrated
- RokAjaxSearch Styling
- Styled Support for Responsive K2 Layout
- Powerful Gantry 4 Framework
- Custom Content Typography
- DropDown Menu & Splitmenu
- FF, Safari, Chrome, Opera, IE8+ Compatible
- HTML5, CSS3, LESS CSS
Leviathan's responsive grid system is designed for desktop, tablet and smartphone systems, each with minor modifications to ensure compatibility in each mode.
We use the responsive layout based on Twitter's Bootstrap Framework, with its collection of utility classes, to provide a great degree of flexibility for a responsive design.
Advanced Dropdown Menu
For mobile devices, a basic version of the Dropdown Menu will be used. It is activated by a custom menu icon in the top left of the screen. It will either be a tree view or select box menu, as configurable. All other sizes will use the menu's full version.
Responsive Layout for RokSprocket
Leviathan comes with the RokSprocket extension that are built to work with a responsive layout and support mobile touch events, such as 'swipe'.
K2 (3rd Party) Responsive Layout
K2 is the popular powerful content extension for Joomla! with CCK-like features. Leviathan also comes with the K2 extension that is built to work with the responsive layout.
Downloading the Template Files
To install the template, you need one of the following files.
Files required for the template to function:
- Template (Standalone) leviathan-template.zip - Standalone template file without the Gantry Framework.
- Template (Bundle) leviathan-bundle.zip - Template plus the Gantry Framework.
- RokNavMenu - Required for the menu to work.
There are other files that you may wish to download that accompany the release, but are not required for the template to work.
- Source PNG(s) leviathan-sources.zip - Adobe® Fireworks PNG source file(s) and any applicable fonts.
- Source BG PNG(s) leviathan-sources-bg.zip - Adobe® Fireworks PNG BG source file(s). Only distributed if the template has complex BGs.
- RocketLauncher leviathan-rocketlauncher_j25(_j30).zip - Demo replica installer.
Using the Joomla Installer
- Install the template at Admin → Extensions → Extensions Manager → Browse for leviathan-template.zip → Upload & Install
Making Leviathan the Default
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a non-exhaustive changelog for the Leviathan Template, inclusive of any alpha, beta, release candidate and final versions.