Hybrid November 2010 Joomla Template
Hybrid is the November 2010 template release, featuring a rich, vibrant and adaptable design. The theme is divided into several independent color zones, for a truly dynamic appearance.
The design has 12 header styles, 12 footer styles, and 5 body color & accent styles, allowing for great diversity in stylistic possibility. Configure these via the Gantry Administrator. Hybrid's beautiful appearance rests on the powerful Gantry Framework and our other standard features such as Fusion with MegaMenu.
Features and Screenshots
- Gantry Framework
- 15 Preset Styles
- 12 Header and Footer Styles
- 5 Body Color and Accent Styles
- Fusion with MegaMenu & Splitmenu
- 75 Module Positions
- 16 Module Variations - 21 Combo Possibilities
- RocketTheme Extensions Styling
- Custom Typography
- Basic 3rd Party Compatibility Styling
- FF 3.6, Safari 4, Opera 10.x, IE7-IE8 Compatible
- Limited IE6 Browser Compatibility
- W3C XHTML 1.0 / CSS 3 Valid
iPhone Specific Theme
The template supports an iPhone specific version for view in the mobile platform.
- Theme: iPhone specific theme, combining pre-existing template elements with mobile specific styling.
- Aliases: Assign current module positions to mobile equivalents such as mobile-header → header-a.
- Reszier: Avoid unnecessary scrolling by the automatic resizing of content images.
15 Presets: Header, Footer, Body, Accents Styles
The theme is divided into 4 major style areas: Header, Footer, Body and Body Accent. These denominations control the styling for each area, as selectable from the Gantry Administrator. There are 15 style variations to choose from, by default, which offer a range of color schemes, demonstrating the stylistic versatility of Hybrid.
- Background Level: High or Low
- Body Level: High or Low
- Header Color Style: Style 1 to Style 12
- Body Color Style: Style 1 to Style 5
- Body Accent Style: Style 1 to Style 5
- Footer Color Style: Style 1 to Style 12
Fusion with MegaMenu
- Triple/Quad Column Modes: Have up to 4 columns in the Fusion dropdowns.
- Child Items Menu Grouping: Group child menu items inline with its parent.
- Column Width Control: Set the total, as well as individual column widths.
- Load Modules / Positions: Place modules or positions within the dropdown columns.
Installation - Joomla 1.5
Downloading the Template Files
To install the template, you need one of the following files:-
- Template (Standalone) rt_hybrid_j15.tgz - Standalone template file.
- Template (Bundle) rt_hybrid_j15-bundle.tar.gz - Template plus Gantry Component.
- RokNavMenu rt_hybrid_j15-extensions.zip(unzip first) or mod_roknavmenu.zip - Required for the menu to work..
There are other files that you may wish to download that accompany the release, but are not required for the template to work.
- Source PNG(s) rt_hybrid_j15-sources.zip - Adobe® Fireworks PNG source file(s) and any applicable fonts.
- Extensions rt_hybrid_j15-extensions.zip - All extensions for the template.
- RocketLauncher rt_hybrid_j15-rocketlauncher.zip - Demo replica installer.
Using the Joomla Installer
From the Menu in your Joomla Administrator, go to Extensions → Install/Uninstall.
Next, browse for the rt_hybrid_j15.tgz or rt_hybrid_j15-bundle.tar.gz file that you downloaded earlier and then click Upload File & Install.
Making Hybrid the Default
Next, go to Extensions → Template Manager. Find rt_hybrid_j15 on the list of installed templates.
Select the radio button to the left and then click Default up in the top right corner. Hybrid is now your default template.
Additionally, you can also edit the template's customization parameters by selecting this same radio button and clicking the "Edit" button in the top right corner.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a non-exhaustive changelog for the Hybrid Template, inclusive of any alpha, beta, release candidate and final versions.