Halcyon January 2012 Joomla Template
Halcyon, the January 2012 template release, is elegant and subtle, reflecting a conservative design direction, perfect for deployment on a professionally or commercially orientated site, or as an excellent platform for extensive and individual customization.
The template has integrated styling for Ecwid, a powerful third party and platform independent eCommerce solution, ported into Joomla via the RokEcwid component. Halcyon is built on the Gantry Framework, providing ready access to its rich feature set such as an extensive administrator interface and per menu item configuration options.
Features and Screenshots
- Joomla 1.5 (unsupported) / 2.5/3.x versions
- 10 Preset Styles
- Powerful Core Gantry Framework
- iPhone/Android viewing support
- Ecwid Integrated with RokEcwid Bridge
- RocketTheme Extensions Styling
- Custom Content Typography
- FusionMegaMenu, SpliceMenu & Splitmenu
- Load Transitions
- 80 Module Positions
- 59 Structural and Stylistic suffixes
- FF, Safari, Chrome, Opera, IE8+ Compatible
- W3C XHTML 1.0 / CSS Valid
Ecwid Integrated Template
Ecwid is a revolutionary shopping cart that seamlessly integrates with your existing website. It can also be added to your page on social media networks, such as Facebook or mySpace.
RocketTheme Extensions Styling
A selection of our RocketTheme Extensions have been styled to integrate with the template:
- RokNavMenu: A powerful feature rich platform extending Joomla! menu.
- RokAjaxSearch: An advanced ground-up revolutionary Joomla! gallery extension.
- RokStories: An advanced content rotator module with multiple layout modes.
- RokTabs: A tabbed based content module, with advanced display controls.
- RokFeatureTable: A stylistic and highly configurable tabular data displayer..
- RokNewsPager: A snippet content previewer, supports accordion and list layout styles.
RokNavMenu Powered Template
RokNavMenu is a powerful menu module which provides functions above and beyond the capabilities of the core Joomla menu. It provides a feature rich platform for extending the menu, allowing for overrides and plugins for the menu itself, in addition to versatile theming capabilities and so much more.
SpliceMenu is a MooTools powered dropline menu system. The first and second level of menu items in the header and others in the sidebar.
Fusion with MegaMenu
Triple Level Splitmenu
The Triple Level Splitmenu on Halcyon provides a static menu system that displays 1st and 2nd level items in the main horizontal menu and further children in the Sidebar.More Details...
Downloading the Template Files
To install the template, you need one of the following files:-
Files required for the template to function:
- Template (Standalone) (J15) rt_halcyon_j15.tgz or (J25) rt_halcyon.zip - Standalone template file without the Gantry Framework.
- Template (Bundle) (J15) rt_halcyon_j15-bundle.zip or (J25) rt_halcyon-bundle.zip - Template plus the Gantry Framework.
- RokNavMenu (J15) rt_halcyon_j15-extensions.zip(unzip first) or mod_roknavmenu.zip; or (J25) rt_halcyon-extensions.zip(unzip first) or mod_roknavmenu_j16.zip - Required for the menu to work.
There are other files that you may wish to download that accompany the release, but are not required for the template to work.
- Source PNG(s) rt_halcyon_j15-sources.zip - Adobe® Fireworks PNG source file(s) and any applicable fonts.
- Source BG PNG(s) rt_halcyon_j15-sources-bg.zip - Adobe® Fireworks PNG BG source file(s). Only distributed if the template has complex BGs.
- Extensions (J15) rt_halcyon_j15-extensions.zip or (J25) rt_halcyon-extensions.zip - All extensions for the template.
- RocketLauncher (J15) rt_halcyon_j15-rocketlauncher.zip or (J25) rt_halcyon-rocketlauncher.zip - Demo replica installer.
Using the Joomla Installer
- (J15) Make the template default at Admin → Extensions → Template Manager → rt_halcyon_j15 → Default
- (J25) Make the template default at Admin → Extensions → Template Manager → rt_halcyon → Make Default
Making Halcyon the Default
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a non-exhaustive changelog for the Halcyon Template, inclusive of any alpha, beta, release candidate and final versions.