Clarion February 2012 Joomla Template
Clarion, the February 2012 template release, is a subtle theme, primed for business use or as a platform for extensive individual customization.
Built on the Gantry Framework, Clarion has a range of powerful, flexible and intuitive features and functions. The administrative interface offers a user friendly control panel for intricately customizing the template layouts.
Clarion has styled support for a variety of RocketTheme Addons, such as RokGallery, RokNewsPager, RokTabs, as well as K2, the advanced content extension.
Features and Screenshots
- Joomla 1.5 (unsupported) / 2.5 / 3.x versions
- 12 Preset Styles
- Powerful Core Gantry Framework
- iPhone/Android viewing support
- Styled Support for K2
- RocketTheme Extensions Styling
- Custom Content Typography
- Fusion MegaMenu & Splitmenu
- Load Transitions
- 78 Module Positions
- 26 Structural & 12 Stylistic suffixes
- FF, Safari, Chrome, Opera, IE7+ Compatible
- W3C XHTML 1.0 / CSS Valid
RokGallery Powered Template
RokGallery is a ground-up revolutionary gallery extension, developed to be hugely flexible, customizable and thus extendable far into the future.
RokGallery Slideshow Layout is facilitated by Mootools to transition between images seamlessly.
RokGallery offers an advanced photo gallery solution for Joomla, that rests on a custom tagging architecture, combined with native application slice editing, which Clarion provides integrated styling for.
Styled Support for K2
K2 is an integrated solution for Joomla! similar to CCK for those acquainted with Drupal. Using K2, you can transform your Joomla! website to a news or magazine site.
RocketTheme Extensions Styling
A selection of our RocketTheme Extensions have been styled to integrate with the template:
- RokTabs: A tabbed based content module, with advanced display controls.
- RokFeatureTable: A stylistic and highly configurable tabular data displayer.
- RokTwittie: A module that integrates Twitter into your Joomla site.
- RokNewsPager: A snippet content previewer, supports accordion and list layout styles.
- RokMiniEvents: A simple and elegant solution for displaying events on your site.
- RokAjaxSearch: An advanced ground-up revolutionary Joomla! gallery extension.
Downloading the Template Files
To install the template, you need one of the following files:-
Files required for the template to function:
- Template (Standalone) (J15) rt_clarion_j15.tgz or (J17) rt_clarion.zip - Standalone template file without the Gantry Framework.
- Template (Bundle) (J15) rt_clarion_j15-bundle.zip or (J17) rt_clarion-bundle.zip - Template plus the Gantry Framework.
- RokNavMenu (J15) rt_clarion_j15-extensions.zip(unzip first) or mod_roknavmenu.zip; or (J17) rt_clarion-extensions.zip(unzip first) or mod_roknavmenu_j16.zip - Required for the menu to work.
There are other files that you may wish to download that accompany the release, but are not required for the template to work.
- Source PNG(s) rt_clarion_j15-sources.zip - Adobe® Fireworks PNG source file(s) and any applicable fonts.
- Source BG PNG(s) rt_clarion_j15-sources-bg.zip - Adobe® Fireworks PNG BG source file(s). Only distributed if the template has complex BGs.
- Extensions (J15) rt_clarion_j15-extensions.zip or (J17) rt_clarion-extensions.zip - All extensions for the template.
- RocketLauncher (J15) rt_clarion_j15-rocketlauncher.zip or (J17) rt_clarion-rocketlauncher.zip - Demo replica installer.
Using the Joomla Installer
- (J15) Make the template default at Admin → Extensions → Template Manager → rt_clarion_j15 → Default
- (J17) Make the template default at Admin → Extensions → Template Manager → rt_clarion → Make Default
Making Clarion the Default
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a non-exhaustive changelog for the Clarion Template, inclusive of any alpha, beta, release candidate and final versions.