Camber August 2011 Joomla Template
Camber, the August 2011 template release, features Color Chooser stylistic controls, allowing you to easily and swiftly modify the color scheme of the template in just a few steps. Select from an assortment of 15 presets with varying colors, overlays and patterns.
RokGallery is elegantly styled and featured, in addition to several other popular RocketTheme Extensions such as RokTabs and RokNewsPager. Additionally, the standard selection of features, such as the Gantry Framework and mobile support are also present.
Features and Screenshots
- Joomla 1.5 (unsupported)/2.5-3.x versions
- RokGallery Extension Integration
- Gantry Framework
- 15 Preset Styles
- Loading Transitions
- RocketTheme Extensions Styling
- Custom Content Typography
- Fusion with MegaMenu
- Triple Level Splitmenu
- 78 Module Positions
- 29 Module Variations
- FF, Safari, Chrome, Opera, IE8+ Compatible
- W3C XHTML 1.0 / CSS Valid
Color Chooser with 15 Preset Styles
A Color Chooser template uses CSS color values, combined with transparent overlay images, to determine its color and style. Therefore, you can change the entire color scheme via the Gantry Administrator. The available options are outlined below:
- Background: Background, Overlay (Light/Dark), Pattern, Text, Link & Accent
- Top: Background, Overlay (Light/Dark), Width (Full/Wrapper), Text, Link & Accent
- Body: Background, Overlay (Light/Dark), Width (Full/Wrapper), Text, Link & Accent
- Footer: Background, Overlay (Light/Dark), Width (Full/Wrapper), Text, Link & Accent
RocketTheme Extensions Integration
A selection of our RocketTheme Extensions have been styled to integrate with the template:
- RokTabs: A tabbed based content module, with advanced display controls.
- RokNewsPager: A snippet content previewer, supports accordion and list layout styles.
- RokTwittie: A module to display Twitter information, such as tweets into your site.
- RokGallery: A ground-up revolutionary gallery extension, developed to be hugely flexible, customizable and thus extendable far into the future. The system itself is built on a custom tag-based architecture with the ability to have multiple tag-based galleries. RokGallery uses design and concepts that have been traditionally reserved for platform-native applications and are for the first time making their way into a web environment..
Installation - Joomla 1.5
Downloading the Template Files
To install the template, you need one of the following files:-
- Template (Standalone) rt_camber_j15.tgz - Standalone template file.
- Template (Bundle) rt_camber_j15-bundle.zip - Template plus Gantry Component.
- RokNavMenu rt_camber_j15-extensions.zip(unzip first) or mod_roknavmenu.zip - Required for the menu to work..
There are other files that you may wish to download that accompany the release, but are not required for the template to work.
- Source PNG(s) rt_camber_j15-sources.zip - Adobe® Fireworks PNG source file(s) and any applicable fonts.
- Extensions rt_camber_j15-extensions.zip - All extensions for the template.
- RocketLauncher rt_camber_j15-rocketlauncher.zip - Demo replica installer.
Using the Joomla Installer
From the Menu in your Joomla Administrator, go to Extensions → Install/Uninstall.
Next, browse for the rt_camber_j15.tgz or rt_camber_j15-bundle.zip file that you downloaded earlier and then click Upload File & Install.
Making Camber the Default
Next, go to Extensions → Template Manager. Find rt_camber_j15 on the list of installed templates.
Select the radio button to the left and then click Default up in the top right corner. Camber is now your default template.
Additionally, you can also edit the template's customization parameters by selecting this same radio button and clicking the "Edit" button in the top right corner.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a non-exhaustive changelog for the Camber Template, inclusive of any alpha, beta, release candidate and final versions.