Affinity July 2009 Joomla Template
Affinity is the July 2009 release from RocketTheme and features extensive third party support for powerful and popular community products, such as JomSocial, K2 and phpBB3. The template's core feature is Sortable Elements, which allows for the movement of modular rows, individual positions and stacks of modules.
We also have styled support for various RocketTheme Extensions such as RokTabs and RokAjaxSearch.
Features and Screenshots
- JomSocial Integration
- K2 Styling
- Community Builder Support
- Sortable Elements
- Complex Typography
- RT Extension Styling
- Multi-Column Menu
- RokMoomenu, Suckerfish, Splitmenu menus
- 6 Preset Styles
- 35 Module Positions
- FF3, Opera 9.6, Safari 3, IE6,7,8 Compatible
- W3C XHTML 1.0 Transitional. W3C CSS Valid
Sortable is a primary and prominent feature of the Affinity release, allowing you the ability to interact with the layout of your site, by moving different areas of your site with graphically integrated handles. There are 3 types of movement which will be addressed below, horizontal area movement, vertical area movement, vertical modular movement. More Details...
Third Party Extensions
Popular community applications are supported by Affinity, from custom overrides, graphics and styling. JomSocial, the community component; K2, the advanced content application; Community Builder, the profile extender; and phpBB3, with an accompanying style (phpBB3 club members only) are supported by the July 2009 template. More Details...
Get started using Affinity with a wide variety of written and video tutorials explaining installation, configuration, custom modules, and much more More Details...
RocketTheme Extensions Documentation
For more information on the RocketTheme Extensions use in Affinity, with specific installation and usage instructions, then please visit the following: More Details...
Installation - Joomla 1.5
Downloading the Template Files
- Affinity Template (rt_affinity_j15.tgz) This file is the template package you will use to install Affinity into Joomla.
- Affinity Custom Extensions (affinity-extensions-j15.zip) This package contains each of the individual custom extensions included in the Affinity template release.
- Affinity Source PNGs (affinity-sources.zip) This package contains the Adobe Fireworks source PNGs for making modifications and customizations to the images in the template. You will need Adobe Fireworks image editing to fully utilize the Source PNG files.
Using the Joomla Installer
From the Menu in your Joomla Administrator, go to Extensions → Install/Uninstall.
Next, browse for your rt_ affinity_j15.tgz file you downloaded and then click Upload File & Install.
Making Affinity the Default
Next, go to Extensions → Template Manager. Find rt_ affinity_j15 on the list of installed templates.
Select the radio button to the left and then click Default up in the top right corner. Affinity is now your default template.
Additionally, you can also edit the template's customization parameters by selecting this same radio button and clicking the "Edit" button in the top right corner.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a non-exhaustive changelog for the Affinity Template, inclusive of any alpha, beta, release candidate and final versions.