Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED FTP Permission Problem

SOLVED FTP Permission Problem

Posted 17 years 6 months ago
    • Ok, I'm not sure what I did, but all I want to do is delete the PhotoGallery2 folder (with simpleviewer2 in it). I'm on a Mac and use the FTP program Transmit and have never had any problems. I don't think it's Transmit anyway, but everytime I try to delete either the "simpleviewer2" or the "PhotoGallery2" folder I get this message:
      Could not change directory to "simpleviewer2".

Server said: Can't change directory to /PhotoGallery2/simpleviewer2: Permission denied

Error -125: remote chdir failed

or
      Could not delete "PhotoGallery2".

Server said: Can't remove directory: Directory not empty

Error -126: remote rmdir failed

I have my main directory with PhotoGallery2 > then simpleviewer as a subdirectory.

I need help to delete the entire PhotoGallery2 folder (with simpleviewer2 in it). I have attached screenshots and shots of the permissions. Hope that wasn't too confusing.
    • Last Edit: 17 years 6 months ago by .
  • Re: SOLVED FTP Permission Problem

Re: SOLVED FTP Permission Problem

• Peter what do I do with it? Where does it go?
  • Re: SOLVED FTP Permission Problem

• Steve Nguyen wrote:
      Peter what do I do with it? Where does it go?

Ftp it to root of your domain and then point url to it, once done you'll know what to do otherwise post back.
    • VirtueShop

Re: SOLVED FTP Permission Problem

• Thanks Peter. It worked! Man, that was annoying. I wonder why changing permission through my FTP program would not do it. I had to change it using the WebAdmin script you gave. But it worked. Thanks again Peter.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds