Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Mobile Load Times (Waterfall)

• Mobile Load Times (Waterfall)

Posted 6 years 5 days ago
    • Morning guys

Something I noticed when inspecting the waterfall for a site load was that when I switch to a mobile viewport it still appears to be downloading images that are turned off using [visible-desktop].

I can't check the waterfall on a mobile device but I suspect it would tell me the same.

Is there some way round this...?

I'm using [visible-desktop] both in the module class suffix and also inline on certain elements. When I check the waterfall these elements are actually being refereneced.

Hope I have explained what I mean well enough, any thoughts...?
    • Turning Ideas Into Reality Since 1995
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Mobile Load Times (Waterfall)

• Thy have you posted in the "water coooler" forum - which is for general "chit-chat" nothing to do with RT products, joomla or indded any CMS or product?

All the responsive support classes do is to show/hide the content - it's still all there and it's all still downloaded. That because when you resize your browser you will need to switch to the other content and there's no fuirther interaction with the server at that point.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Mobile Load Times (Waterfall)

• Thanks for the quick response
      just a thought...is it possible to load a new page or template based on device with Rocket Theme...?
    • Turning Ideas Into Reality Since 1995
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Mobile Load Times (Waterfall)

• No there isn't sorry.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds