Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

What development tools do RT staff, community use?

• What development tools do RT staff, community use?

Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    • I know the RT team were really big into Adobe Fireworks back in the day, but I wonder what they use now? What about the rest of the community?

I've got Photoshop/Dreamweaver CS6, but didn't want to keep up with the CC subscription model. I'm on Mac OS, and am considering Coda by Panic along with Pixelmator. Any other suggestions? Thanks!
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: What development tools do RT staff, community use?

• Re: What development tools do RT staff, community use?

• Grant
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Web Development

Re: What development tools do RT staff, community use?

Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    • I use Pixelmator and really like it. For the price you can't beat it. The Pixelmator team does great work but they are a small team and after looking at Reggie's link to Affinity Designer, it looks like it might be even better. For $49.95 might be the better way to go. Probably bigger team and more solid product. If Andy loves it I may switch. No update on Pixelmator's blog since Nov 2016.

Would be great if Andy updated that article Kat shared or write a new one. While amazing at the time he wrote it and like 66 apps, he gave a lot of love to share that much data with us all, it is from 2012. Would love to know what he's using now. Have a hard time thinking how many of those 5 years ago still cut the mustard.

Coda is a solid tool. Also Transmit for FTP, by the same company, Panic, is best of breed, also on Andy's list.
    • Love Joomla! & RocketTheme.
  • Re: What development tools do RT staff, community use?

Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    • I’m loving Brackets at the moment for text editing especially the live preview.

Transmit for FTP

DaisyDisk is my goto for HDD Management

Evernote is just amazing, and the teature set is being regularly expanded

iStatMenu is great for keeping a quick eye on system resources

I prefer iCloud over Dropbox or G!Drive

For remote control VNC or Teamviewer are the tools in my toolbox

ScreenRecording, I use Quicktime

Music for me I can do all i need with my Apple Music Subscription, and TuneIn Radio (Pro)

I’ve tried MAMP & MAMP Pro but I’ve had no end of problems setting up both WP, J! and GRAV sites and getting them to work successfully

For Image Shrinking - TinyPNG & TingJPG work for me

Hope the list is useful to some. I too would love to see an updated like from @Andy, but also @Mattias and @Djamil

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds