Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

CorePHP Wordpress to Joomla integration doesn't work

• CorePHP Wordpress to Joomla integration doesn't work

Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    • The corephp wordpress to joomla extension does not work. All the blog posts are blank. animal.bizabuzz.com/blog/

The site is brand new in Joomla 3.6.4 using the Ambrosia Theme and Gantry 5.3.6.

Anyone know how to make this work?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: CorePHP Wordpress to Joomla integration doesn't work

Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    • Sorry, we cannot guarantee compatibility with 3rd party components... Keep in mind that Gantry is CMS agnostic and that it doesn't handle it's content in the normal "Joomla" way... in that, I would next expect a component like that to work...

Gantry works on both Joomla and WordPress though... and we have the same styles/themes for both... so if you needed to install them side by side with the same look and feel you could do that easily enough
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: CorePHP Wordpress to Joomla integration doesn't work

• Wow, Matt. Good to know about their interchangeability. I'm assuming that the widgets would have to be created because Joomla's components wouldn't automatically transfer over, correct? Are you a freelancer? If so, can you give me an estimate in what that would cost to convert www.animalreikisource.com to Wordpress?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: CorePHP Wordpress to Joomla integration doesn't work

• Yeah, one of Gantry's core pillars is being CMS agnostic... more advanced import/export of settings is coming in future versions... for now there's this:

docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/copying-particles

Joomla Modules still live in Joomla and WordPress Widgets still live in WordPress... but if you built your content in Gantry 5 Particles those should be very easy to port over... for porting Joomla Articles to WordPress posts I'm sure there's some tools out there...
    • Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds