Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Question on Posting Ettiquettte

• SOLVED Question on Posting Ettiquettte

Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    • Question:

I always search the forum before I post a question. I know it's very likely someone has already asked the same one.

If I find a post which clearly identifies my problem but has no answer by a Mod at the time, should I

Open a new post with the same question or
      Add a quick reply note to the original post to I am seeking the same answer.

I know to tag a post as solved to indicate to the Mods a problem has been "Solved." If it's not there, do they still fall out of the queue?

Sooooo.... please tell me what is best. I don't wish to hijack threads but I do attempt to assist other members if I have an adequate answer with the caveat that a mod might have a better answer. I have also indicated in existing posts by other members that I too have the same problem or require the same answer so the Mods don't have to replicate their efforts. Apparently, this is not correct.

What is the preferred method of asking a question already asked in a prior post not yet marked solved?

Thanks,
      Carol
    • Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Empowermom. Reason: Problem solved! Thanks RTeam!
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: SOLVED Question on Posting Ettiquettte

• Hi Carol,

That is a good question. I hope to give an appropriate answer.

Any post that is unanswered - no reply at all - appears in our list of 'no replies'. We try to keep that list as short as possible because if it becomes more than a few pages long anything at the end may take a while to get to.

The problem arises when the member 'bumps' the post by adding a second post, or another member adds a post. This removes the thread from our 'no replies' list.

The best approach is to start another thread with your own details and add a remark about the unanswered thread along with a link. This way the moderators see the new thread and can also take care of the old thread. The moderators can then merge the threads if they are identical.

I hope that clarifies the issue. :)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
  • Re: SOLVED Question on Posting Ettiquettte

• Thank you David. Now that I'm aware, in future I'll "stay in line" like a good girl. ;)
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: SOLVED Question on Posting Ettiquettte

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds