0 items Join Now

Music/Video Design Recommendation

• Leland Hicks
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Loving RocketTheme!

Music/Video Design Recommendation

Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    • Hello Rockettheme,

I am about to download Citadel, and I "Love" the video capability.

However, as you have decided to create industry specific templates I would like to make a suggestion:

If a music template is not in the works, please consider creating a music industry template, complete with an iTunes like page where folks can sample tracks and then purchase them right from the site, including the video capability (with purchasing ability) similar to what you have created with Citadel's video faculty, as many musicians would like to have personal control over their content and not have to pay a middle man. I have product on iTunes right now, and from a marketing standpoint, single sites have better ROI prospects, in that the content owners don't have to compete with millions of artists on a content repository.

Our company has had many music site requests, however, the third party components for music sites are woefully behind the times.

From an industry perspective, Music Business Worldwide offers the following:

"Multinational corporations have now acknowledged the importance of independent music and have made it very clear that without it they cannot offer their customers a compelling proposition.

Independent music now has a seat at the top table and is a growing force."

I have engaged some Joomla component developers and from the sample offerings, I am left feeling dissappointed.

I believe the music industry is one where Rockettheme can make serious inroads, as the current stable of Joomla "music" sites are also pathetically dissapointing.

If you would like some direction from an end user perspective, please advise. Would be happy to help, with testing, troubleshooting and overall development.

Best,

Leland
    • Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Leland Hicks. Reason: spelling
    • Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

Re: Music/Video Design Recommendation

• Thanks so much for this request. While I can't give spoilers, we think you're going to love what we're working on now. We'll share more details when they're available. Just know we hear you. :)
    • Ryan Matthew Pierson / Technical Writer / Buda, TX USA
    • Leland Hicks
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Loving RocketTheme!

• Hello Ryan,

Thanks for responding. I will be overjoyed if I don't have to resort to the ineffective Joomla music extensions currently available.

Note: If we will not have the option to post, review and sell digital downloads from within the site, then what's the point?

If the site is only to store and play music and music video mp3/mp4 files, then for me, that misses the mark, as there are some components that already do that, but they are riddled with bugs, don't look appealing and smart, and require that your tracks/videos must be placed into a store like iTunes, CD Baby, Apple Music, Bandcamp, etc.. And that option should be included for those who wish to still place their offerings on a third party repository, outside of their Joomla site.

But for me, the whole concept that I and many of my inquring prospects are concerned with is being able to bypass uploading tracks/videos to third party music/video repositories.

Hopefully, as you stated earlier, without giving away the particulars, I would be very happy with the new template under construction.

Note: I would recommend using the iTunes model for functionality as it is a proven user friendly online music environment.

I would also recommend having a voter/comment section, as well as an advertising component where we could create and post our ads to the social media channels right from within the site.

Lastly, having a analytical system to show purchases, visits, etc., will greatly aid us in knowing what people are prone to purchasing.

Thanks for listening!

Looking forward to seeing this great new template!

Best,

Leland
    • Karol Orzeł
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • One Crazy Dev

• Leland Hicks wrote:
      Hello Ryan,
      Note: If we will not have the option to post, review and sell digital downloads from within the site, then what's the point?

Hello Leland,
      I apprecieate your suggestions but in short: this is NEVER gonna happen :)

Posting, Reviewing and selling digital goods is not a template side and never will be. It's very advanced process where companies invest literally millions of dollars to make it happen. Not to mention copyrights handling, security, payments etc etc..

If you're looking into selling your records worldwide take a look at companies which submits your records to music stores or a simpler one ideas: FastSpring or similar but this what you're asking it's freaking HUGE.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Karol Orzeł.
    • karolorzel.com
    • Leland Hicks
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Loving RocketTheme!

• Hello Ryan,

Thanks so much, I understand. At the very least, hopefully the music-mp3 player - video player (code or particles) will have at the least the ability to have a buy button, which can serve as a link to whatever third party music store such as iTunes, Band Camp,CD Baby,etc.

Again, much appreciated for your time,

Best,

Leland

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds