Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Within service area by zipcode component

• Within service area by zipcode component

Posted 8 years 6 days ago
    • Do you know of any components that will allow me to not only create a shaded area for a company's service area but allow a customer to enter a zipcode to see if you are in that service area and to give an option of not?

I basically want to do this in Joomla. carsrecoveryla.com/coverage-map/

I can choose service area maps that tell me the closest store/office to the zip, but not this way.

I know RocketTheme doesn't have something...
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Within service area by zipcode component

Posted 8 years 5 days ago
    • I remember one of our Mods using a cool geocode component and I'll ask him to chime in.
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: Within service area by zipcode component

Posted 8 years 5 days ago
    • Hi there,

I guess your best bet would be a combination of the map software from myjoom with a radius search and Community Builder.

CB would give you the base data and display pins on the map that could then be clicked through to a profile page. You can see an example of that here - churchdays.co.uk/ - just fill out a UK location such as Torquay and you will see normal usage.

If you wanted to have territories rather than a radius then this gets more complicated as there are no Joomla extensions that I am aware of that will work on boundaries. The nearest I have been to that was to simply create a regional map with svg graphics so it was responsive on mobiles. You can see that here - churchcare.co.uk/shrinking-the-footprint...ractive-diocesan-map

I guess you could use the power of Geocode Factory 5 and CB to have a field for territory and then use the map to create a markerset for each so they are different colours like the Churchdays map.

The developer at myjoom is a very talented guy and when we did the Churchdays site he pretty much rewrote a lot of code for his extension as that site has over 17,000 entries in the directory. His silver subscription at €39 is worth it just to ask the questions to see if a search on boundaries could be done.

Hope this helps 8)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds