Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

AMP Template Modification

• AMP Template Modification

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • Anyone have any luck successfully adding Accelerated Mobile Pages to their templates?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: AMP Template Modification

• AMP is a Framework... not an "add-on" -- I don't see it as an easy-to-add thing... you'd have to completely hack the core framework of whatever CMS you're using... assuming you're using Gantry you'd have a lot of code to modify there as well...

Joomla seems to be considering it though:

volunteers.joomla.org/reports/143-amp-in...ing-november-13-2015
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Re: AMP Template Modification

• I am aware which is why i chose "AMP Template Modification" in my title....... Let me rephrase.. Has any successfully modified their template and core files to allow for AMP?>
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    • Hi there,

As there have been no answers in a few months is it OK to close this thread?

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • syco
    • Elite Rocketeer

Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    • Well it seems there is a ground swell of support beginning to start with this 'open source' initiative, and I can see major benifits for the end users, which is why you build nice websites - isn't it??? :) ... so making the final user experience a fast as possible on mobile devices would seem a winner for your templates into the future.

So wondering if there has been any decussion with the heads of the Rocketheme team to implment this into the future?

Also, has anyone tried this extension out? (wbAMP)
      extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...mp-community-edition

If you want to understand AMP, you may wish to look at this video.
      www.ampproject.org/docs/get_started/about-amp.html
    • Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by syco.
  • Re: AMP Template Modification

Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    • I've only had success with wbAMP on Joomle Content articles but when the Menu Link is set to Gantry 5 page, it's a different story.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds