Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Host Options: Who do you use?

• Host Options: Who do you use?

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • I have sites hosted with GoDaddy, DreamHost, and Blue Host. All are on some form of shared hosting.

I'm generally impressed with GoDaddy support and customer care, but not happy with their overall performance. I've heard good things about Rochen, but haven't tried them out. DreamHost is fine, but the backend interface is cumbersome.

What are peoples experience with hosts? Who do you use and like?

Joomla, and RT, seems to be fairly resource intensive. Is it worth upgrading to a VPS and hosting multiple sites?

Basically, I hope this thread can be a timely review of some of the popular hosting solutions out there! Thanks!
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Host Options: Who do you use?

• Terp
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Host Options: Who do you use?

• Yea, Rochen offers some good hosting, even their shared accounts. They used to be pretty stingy with their storage and bandwidth, but they have really started to be competitive with some of the 'bargain hosts,' like HostGator (to whom I switched when Rochen raised their prices years ago). :)

HostGator will have some smoking deals next Friday, though...expect 70% off + for 3-year signups and more than 50% off a year.

That being said, I am probably going back to Rochen after my current plan with HostGator expires. :)

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds