Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Proper Use of <h1> <h2> etc

• Proper Use of <h1> <h2> etc

Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    • Hi,

Background: I use Woorank.com to evaluate my website. The report shows that I'm not best using my <h1> <h2> <h3> tags. What's the best way to learn more about how to properly implement these tags in Joomla? I ask because it's a little confusing why I'm not seeing any H1 tags being read by woorank. Is there a best practices guide that outlines the proper uses of <h1> <h2> <h3> tags?

Can someone give me some feedback? (see attachments).

Is there a plugin for Joomla that would help manage these tags so I have better control over these tags?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Proper Use of <h1> <h2> etc

• You should only use one H1 on a page. In Joomla, the H1 tag is associated with the "page heading" field of the menu item. articles will use H2 (as there can be more that one of them) as will roksprocket, and as will module titles.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Evan Miller

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Proper Use of <h1> <h2> etc

• Thanks Mr. T.

Is there any other relevant information out there or any extensions available for h1, h2 usage?

Thanks,

Evan
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Proper Use of <h1> <h2> etc

• You will find lots of conflicting advice out there about using h1 and h2 in respect of SEO. The truth of the matter is that nobody really knows what the search engines do to index you page (because the search engines don't want you to know). I would just reiterate just stick the basics rules I already stated, only one H1 on a page, use h2 for modules title and article titles, and that's about it... don't get overwhelmed by all the contradictory SEO advice.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Evan Miller, Dance

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds