Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Let's talk about K2

• beyud
    • Sr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Let's talk about K2

Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    • I've been curious about K2. I've read a little about it and watched some OS Training videos, but wanted to get some real world information about it as it relates to Rockettheme Templates.

Is K2 installed with RT Templates?

Why is K2 useful/not useful?

What are the benefits of K2?

What are some examples how I can benefit from K2? www.ccsummerville.org

Tom
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Let's talk about K2

Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    • K2 is not provided in any RT packages. You download it from the k2 site and install in extension manager like any other extension

Some of our templates do include a CSS file to style some of the K2 elements so they are consistent with the rest of the template - only minor CSS though - we don't provide any K2 HTML overrides.

K2 has lot of extra features over and above joomla standard "categories and articles" - e.g. the ability to add extra fields to your items (K2 calls articles "items"). There are also lots of plugins for K2 too.

There are only benefits to using K2 if you need the extra features that it provides.

Look on the K2 site for more information and ask questions in their forum. K2 is nothing to do with RT.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Let's talk about K2

Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    • i try to install ..and removed it right awat i find it lil hard for me :D

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds