Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

google mobile panic

• malmerl
    • Hero Rocketeer

google mobile panic

Posted 9 years 3 days ago
    • have been putting y rocketheme sites in goolge mobile ready checker with results that say not a mobile site....

i use the rocketlauncher templaes and thought the mobile side of things were being covered. Is it that infact that the tmplates just resise and and are creating responsive sites rather than mobile ready as far as google are concerned?

am i just missing some option in the set up?

in secure part of this i will show list some rocketheme sites i did a while back that did not qaulify as mobile ready.

is there a good way around this like gobmobi or similar?

i look forward to any replies
      thanks
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: google mobile panic

• This thing?

www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/

Make sure Google is actually loading your site... you have to wait 30 seconds in-between tests... If the site doesn't look like it's supposed to in the screenshot then Google isn't getting a good snapshot of your site...

Everytime I tested one of your sites, it never loaded the CSS... again, check out the screen shot inside the phone image that's produced... it's incorrect... I don't know it's not loading it... maybe your server is too distant from Google's tool and it's simply not waiting for the CSS to load...

use this tool instead: developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

//Pagespeed Insights is the official checker for Google Webmaster Tools

I used pagespeed checker on your 3 sites and your Mobile User Experience was 97-100/100
    • The following users have thanked you: malmerl

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • malmerl
    • Hero Rocketeer

• ok great thanks for that.

so the rockethem templates have it covered!

great

will RokBooster help with the speed scores for mobile and desktop?
    • Last Edit: 9 years 3 days ago by malmerl.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• yes, it will... RokBooster, like any caching plugin, takes some tweaking... inevitably there will be a script or 2 on your site that doesn't like to be compressed... or doesn't like to be combined with similar scripts... that will need to be ignored... you can ignore paths and URLS via the Advanced Tab

At the end of the day though, having a good server makes the most difference in terms of speed... though frickin' google will still insist on certain practices (compression, browser caching, etc) being in place even if your page loads fast...

good thread on image/file expiration http headers: forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=494262

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • malmerl
    • Hero Rocketeer

• great reply thanks..

will it break the rocketheme templates if ther eis an issue with one of the scripts as you say?

dos it work on non rocketheme templates (in uderstand this takes credits away from my membership so propably want use on other templates anway)
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• it works on any joomla installation...

it typically works well "out of the box" on RocketTheme templates... but occasionally, we'll have one of our RokSprocket modules receive custom styling specific to a single Template... and that styling/functionality may not work well in RokBooster... in which case the offending file can simply be ignored by RB.

:)

RokBooster is good, free, it does what it says... JCH Optimize is legit too... it ultimately depends what sort of components your running and how much you care about caching/compression...

Joomla has built in caching (only ever use Conservative) and Gzip functionality as well... Cache Control plugin on the JED is a nice extension to get some better management out of Joomla's cache.
    • Last Edit: 9 years 3 days ago by Matt.

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds