Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Google PageSpeed Insights (April 21st, 2015)

• Twiggliscious
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Joomla KungFu!!!

Google PageSpeed Insights (April 21st, 2015)

Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    • RT,

So I'm floundering my way through getting everything pristine for a few of my clients with Google's suggested: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights

What I'm curious about is the stuff I have no clue about...the output of many of these items are not really things I understand...

Now before anyone judges me, there's a reason I use RocketTheme...the themes are fast, look good, and save me from the mundane things I used to do before CMS's...and honestly, I'm not a ninja at joomla. I get by.

www.cleanairamericainc.com/

This is one of the site's I setup...I moved through having to use RokBooster to get it to load Mobile Friendly...learned more than I care to know about Apache and cache scripts...I've done all I can do...I am downloading Adobe Fireworks at the moment to see if I can compress pictures a bit more...

I have a 99/100 user experience with the site...what I worry about with Google is what they're not telling us. Mobile "suggested" fixes are 46/100 and for desktop 57/100...I can see these being issues that will rise as their new algorithm (which I am going to call DoDo Bird), starts to hurt businesses...at least this time we had a two month heads up...

If anyone has some good sources I can read up on to understand the outputs I'm seeing...I'd much appreciate it.

Mike-
    • Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Twiggliscious.

• Mike-

"Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be." – Mandalorian saying...
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Google PageSpeed Insights (April 21st, 2015)

• Twiggliscious
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Joomla KungFu!!!

• DanG,

Yeah, I knew the mobile thing was coming over a year ago...once I heard google was buying fiber, then renting towers for cell operations...then wiring up cities with free wifi...I knew this was coming. The logical next step is page speed...just curious how long they'll delay that portion of DoDo Bird...or if it's already rolling out, less of a hint and more of a practice. My next name after this DoDo Bird, is going to be Albatros ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albatross_%28metaphor%29 )...all metaphors...of course.

This stuff is not beyond me...it's just stuff I have zero time to learn...so I'll be sacrificing my time to learn. But it really sucks as each link from google doesn't goto a how-to manual on how to fix...just an obtuse explanation (google's explanation) of what they think it is, then comes the part of not knowing the terms and trying to track down help.

They are google, if they want something tweaked, or fixed, or optimized...they should have specific instructions: for joomla, go here, add this code from the apache website here, then do this, then do this, dump the cache, then recheck. Soap, rinse, repeat...

I feel very lucky to have RT and my Server people...without both I'd be in a world of hurt.

Thanks for the resource DanG. Much appreciated!

Mike-

P.S. I know some of this stuff is elementary for serious joomla developers...it's not for me...most of it I hadn't ever messed with...now I feel like I'm in college again.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

• Mike-

"Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be." – Mandalorian saying...
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Twiggliscious
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Joomla KungFu!!!

• Thanks Man!

• Mike-

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds