Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED WASTE OF SPACE TO BE CONTINUED

• SOLVED WASTE OF SPACE TO BE CONTINUED

Posted 10 years 3 months ago
    • Dear Rockettheme Developers.

Can anybody from Rockettheme inform me if there are plans to stop the waste of space in large screen design ?

I think the integration of all the unused space in large screen design could create a lots of Advertise or good information room.

STOP this waste and invent real added value to the world my beloved rockettheme team.

Thanks
    • Who?
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Joomla freelancer

Re: SOLVED WASTE OF SPACE TO BE CONTINUED

• Thank you for your opinion. We value opinion from all our members.

Just a reminder that you can always customize every template to your own preferences so I am sure that every template can have a member or members who likes it
    • Check my services at: Mihha-Vision
  • Re: SOLVED WASTE OF SPACE TO BE CONTINUED

• Thanks for your reply Igor.

My experience is that the customizing from a rockettheme template to a design which uses all space in large screen is not a good way.
      It stays a unsupported extension with many restrictions. From my point of view its like developing a new template since the design changes mainly.

Don't understand me wrong. I am always willing to do some extra work to reach my goals. But i feel unsafe if i work against the developers basic design. Maybe it cames through twitters bootsrap that responsiveness stops working with larger designs, but rockettheme could fix that.

If i (we) could only get one template i (we) could customize this with the developers freedom.

:idea:
    • Who?
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Joomla freelancer

• We already provided at least two such templates. One is a default Gantry template and the other one is Afterburner2 template. Those two are really very easy to customize from the beginning without too many design obstacles
    • Check my services at: Mihha-Vision

• Lets say i do it with a bigger grid. Do you know a way to enhance the grid with custom-.... files ? I mean without changing files which are overwritten during an update ?
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• a bigger grid alone is not the solution ... a fluent grid would probably the the way.
      The latest bootstrap is already soemthing like that.
      But keep in mind how complicated content creation will get.
    • RandyS
    • Rocketeer

• Hi Folks,

This subject caught my eye because while I love the RocketTheme templates one of the first things I find myself doing is reducing a lot of the padding on various areas to tighten things up. Especially above the fold.

I do look forward to the beginning of each month to see what RT will come up with next. I typically like what I see though I do find there is a commonality through all the designs in the big, wide open layouts, as Neuronaut mentioned. Perhaps I've become a bit jaded looking at them over the past 4 years. They're so pretty and shiny I just can't help myself :) From a practicality point of view though they are not all usable for me and my clients. Nor do I expect them all to be 100 % suitable for me all the time.

I use templates because I'm not a graphic artist. I can cut and paste, pour paint, scan and match a client's existing logo to an RT template without to much sweat and that's great. There were times when I would sit with a client and browse through some RT templates with them to see if there is something they like, I often find they are overwhelmed by the content saturation of a demo template and can't visualize their own content in it. They start to tune out because its visual overload for them. Usually just want me to make the decision for them. So I don't do this with clients anymore :) What I'll do is pick a template I think works and then strip out 98% of the demo content and tweak the home page to what I think will work for the client and that usually gets me the thumbs up to proceed.

Where am I going with this? Well I would like to see RT serve up a design that has everything the existing templates are known for in terms of Gantry, RokSprocket, Bootstrap, 8 decent presets just to get things going etc., but in a cleaner, tighter "less is more" kind of layout. Sure Afterburner can do that for us but I'll still have to rummage through the CSS more then I really want to. There are also other Joomla template makers out there as well but darn it, I like it here.

I've been using the RSJoomla components for a few years now and not too long ago they offered up a couple templates. Their Juno template caught my eye because it is, well, perhaps the opposite of an RT template. Sometimes this is all a client needs. Less is more.

I still like and will use RT templates but I would like to see you guys take a step back, or rather to the side, from the lush graphics and wide open spaces in favour of something tighter and less visually busy.

There's my 2 cents.

Happy Holidays,
      RandyS

Posted 10 years 2 months ago
    • Igor Mihaljko wrote:
      We already provided at least two such templates. One is a default Gantry template and the other one is Afterburner2 template. Those two are really very easy to customize from the beginning without too many design obstacles

These two Templates is not to use for my needs. Mainly i understood that i have to do the framework my own, but i am not able to do.

I love the Rockettheme overall idea, but the functional design you apply to frontend webdesign is stocked in stillstand.

Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    • Thanks for introducing the full width templates (like topaz).

Finally my speach was heard.
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    • I would say you can turn almost all G5 templates into fullwidth ...

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds