Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Introduce yourself to everyone

• Re: Introduce yourself to everyone

Posted 16 years 2 weeks ago
    • I'm from: Missouri, but currently live in Maui, HI
      I found RT when: My friend suggested it would be better to pay for a template vs using the boring old free ones!
      For a living I: am a stay at home Mom! :)
      The best film I've ever seen is: Oh God, uum.. Armageddon, if I have to pick ONE.
      On the iPod right now and always will be: The Cars, ELO, Def Leppard, Styx, Savage Garden
      The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: Be in star roles with the big-dogs
      Something I'm really proud of is: My tiny family

Hello everyone! Aside from that, my name is Heather and I'm 7 months pregnant, plugging away at my online endeavors, and taking care of our chinchillas. My husband is a pipe-fitting apprentice, fresh in the biz and we live here in paradise on the island of Maui! I get to retire early, hehe. :) My website is currently offline because my friend and I are working on it, but we recently switched to Joomla and it's going to be better than ever! It's a forum for That '70s Show! If you're a fan, keep in touch with me ;)

Glad to be here folks!
    • Last Edit: 16 years 2 weeks ago by Heather Schulz.

Posted 16 years 1 week ago
    • I'm from: Clarendon, South Australia. A quiet place, in the Adelaide Hills.
      I found RT when: I was introduced to Joomla and wanted to learn more. (I still have so much to learn)
      For a living I: Work as a Landscape Designer.
      The best film I've ever seen is:The Lord of The Rings Trilogy
      On the iPod right now and always will be: Bob Seger
      The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: Scuba Dive the Great Barrier Reef.
      Something I'm really proud of is: My two sons.

Re: Introduce yourself to everyone

Posted 15 years 11 months ago
    • I'm from: a small country in Europe called Denmark
      I found RT when: I needed a nice template for my school's homepage.
      For a living I: work as a freelance illustrator and web developer
      The best film I've ever seen is: well... hhmm that's tricky... guess it has to be A Simple Plan
      On the iPod right now and always will be: Too many to mention. But I like it loud and with some nerve. Deftones might be in the top...
      The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: Marry my Girlfriend :)
      Something I'm really proud of is: that I skipped my regular job as a teacher and went freelance. Oh and I am also proud of making the Switch..

Roger Over!
    • MikeMadz
    • Hero Rocketeer

• I'm from: Cebu City, Philippines
      I found RT when: Searching for Joomla Templates: I Just started learning and using Joomla last year to create a website for my small business.
      For a living: i work as a medical representative under United Laboratories Inc. Run a small business renting out projectors, laptop, pa system, lcd/plasma tvs.
      On the iPod right now: Gary Valenciano (Local Artist)
      The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: Go for a vacation in the U.S.A., been to australia, new zealand, thailand, singapore, malaysia, hongkong, and most recently dubai and turkey.
      Something I'm really proud of is: My family, My Small business, Having created my own website using joomla and catalyst!
    • Last Edit: 15 years 11 months ago by MikeMadz.
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

• I was in Cebu in 1978! Spent 2 months there! :)

I'm from:
      Washington, DC and sometime in San Diego.
      I found RT when: In the highly experimental days of the early Mambo templates.
      For a living I: Manage a TV/Multimedia studio at Verizon - freelance on the side.
      The best film I've ever seen is: Gosh, that's a hard one. I have so many favs! I think the best screenplay written was for the movie MOMENTO.
      On the iPod right now and always will be: Audiobooks (science, politics, faith)
      The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: Yeah, I'd like to sell one of my screenplays!
      Something I'm really proud of is: My daughter and her family!! :)
    • "I'm an individual, just like everyone else."
    • msilac
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 15 years 10 months ago
    • I am newbie...but i hope that i will stay here for a long time ;)

I'm from: a small country, small city in Europe called Croatia
      I found RT when: I needed a nice template for my local city - searching in Google
      For a living I: i do nothing temporarily. :) trying to find partner for a one interesting project (goodpressnews.com)
      The best film I've ever seen is: Fields of dream, all from Tarantino, good trillers
      On the Windows media player right now is and always will be: Music from 80', Vangelis, Maxim Mrvica
      The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: Diving (this summer), playing the Squash (i have little injuried)
      Favorite Foods: Croatian food, mediteranian food
      Favorite places on Internet: Facebook, Pticica.com (Croatian version of flickr)
      Something I'm really proud of is: my Country (realy great place) so green, clean and with nice and worm people... ;)
    • from city of colors
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• I am from: Germany
      I live in: Egypt on the Red Sea.
      I found RT when: googling for templates. Replicant made me fall in love!
      For a living I: worked in SCUBA diving before, but now I call myself a webdesigner. :cheesy:
      The best film I've ever seen is: Lord of the Rings, Back to the Future.
      On my cd player right now is and always will be: Moby, INXS, PearlJam
      Favorite Foods: chocolate!!!
      Something I'm really proud of is: being a moderator, my joomla websites (thanks Rockettheme!!)
    • Last Edit: 15 years 8 months ago by Kat05.
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany

• I'm from: The US, a Navy brat... lived everywhere... I've been living in Paris, France since 1992
      I found RT when: I was searching for Joomla templates on Google.
      For a living: I'm a graphic and web designer, also doing print work and Managing Director of www.HostingParis.com
      Favorite films: Space Balls, Fried Green Tomatoes, Princess Bride, Big Fish
      Now playing: Crosby, Stills, Nash and sometimes Young
      Dream trip: I'd love to see the Aurora Borealis
      Something I'm really proud of is: My son...
      Favorite hobbies: Photography, travel, cooking, crossword puzzles...
      Favorite foods: Where does one start? Fresh stuff, for sure!
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Kat05.
    • Served as: Joomla! Community Leadership Team Member, Co-Lead Editor, Joomla! Community Magazine, Open Source Matters Board Member 2010-13, JWC13 & JWC14 Organizer, JoomlaDay Boston Organizer

• I'm from: Boston MA
      For a living I: Built Small Websites
      I Found RT:the all mighty god, google
      On the iPod right now and always will be: KillSwitch Engage: My curse
      The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: finish this god forsaken website if this client would just give me the content, going on three months now...
      Something I'm really proud of is: it's day two of quiting smoking
      Favorite hobbies of mine: Destroying computers, rebuilding them, learning more about php every day
      Favourite Food MRE

• Name: James Wright
      Location: Owen Sound, Ontario Canada... www.city.owen-sound.on.ca/ the cities site, not the best but it will give you an idea.
      Born: Markdale, Ontario.

I have lived in the following Areas.

Campbell River, British Columbia...Canada http://www.campbellriverbc.net/
      Creston, British Columbia. Canada... http://www.crestonbc.com/
      London, Ontario. Canada... http://www.london.ca/
      Prince George, British Columbia. Canada... http://www.city.pg.bc.ca/
      Quesnel, British Columbia. Canada... http://www.city.quesnel.bc.ca/

Presently located back in my Birth Place...Weird how that worked.

About me.

I am 37 WOW...Where have the years gone?
      Married 17 years
      Daughter 14 and a Son 11...My Daughter will be working for me this summer.... ;D Really looking forward to it.

Previous work history background...

Restaurant Management 5 Years... (Domino's Pizza) Prince George and Campbell River B.C. (Believe it or not it was a real kick ass job) I really had a lot of fun. Moved back to Ontario after birth of daughter.

Ski Resort Maintenance Manager www.talisman.ca/
      Ran a crew of 8 for the whole interior and exterior maintenance of all ski and chalet buildings. Looked after all renovations and new expansion for the resort.

Big difference from the Pizza...My Dad built homes for a living and that is where I got the knowledge to do the above.... ;D

Finally got tired of slave labor and went back to school for programming. Ended up I really liked web design and got into it. I also do PLC Programming for a local glass plant.

So, that is about me and life in a quick few paragraphs.

Oh, my favorite past time is SPORTBIKES. I started a group back in 2004 sportbikejunkies.ca and have a blast with it.

Glad I have signed up to the Rocket Themes Group.

James

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds