Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Introduce yourself to everyone

• egarza
    • Rocketeer

Re: Introduce yourself to everyone

Posted 14 years 9 months ago
    • I'm from: Tri-cities, Washington State
      I found RT when: I became interested in Joomla which was about a year ago.
      For a living I: Tech Support / web developer / do whatever your told
      The best film I've ever seen is: Haven't seen any lately, but an oldie but a goodie is "pirates of silicone valley" and "Independence day"
      The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: Learn to code java/css/jquery from scratch
      On the iPod right now is: nothing... I listen to pandora (top 40's)
      Something I'm really proud of is: My newborn daughter and my wife
      Hobbies: Web Design/ Web developing and blogging blog.abnergarza.com
      Favourite Food: Mexican Food...My wife's enchiladas mmmmm... is it lunch time yet?
    • -Just a guy that appreciates everything you do. -Thanks
    • Cybernet
    • Rocketeer

Posted 14 years 8 months ago
    • Hi All
      Figured i would post 1 more time here just cause I got my sig. This is my New baby girl here who is now just over 3 months old and already trying to talk up a storm. She even try's to walk when i hold her up. Anyway Hopefully i'll have a chance soon to talk to you more but I have to get this site going. I have a lot of work to do still. You can check me out at http://www.extremecybernet.com or the forums at http://www.extremecybernet.com/phpBB3
    • Sehrus

Posted 14 years 8 months ago
    • I'm from: Trois-Rivières, Qc Canada
      I found RT when: Google, looking at joomla templates
      For a living I: Working on my computer...
      The best film I've ever seen is: The Shawshank Redemption...
      Something I'm really proud of is: my family

Hi, Im David, 28 from Quebec, Canada.

Ill loiter over here for the next year... :)
  • Re: Introduce yourself to everyone

Posted 14 years 5 months ago
    • I'm from: Haarlem, The Netherlands
      I found RT when: when I was looking for affordable but pro looking Joomla templates
      For a living I: act as a project manager in healthcare IT. Used to be a R.N. (nurse) but gave that up to get into the business end of healthcare IT. On the side I run a one man company called Big Cheese Webworks.
      The best film I've ever seen is: Reservoir Dogs.
      The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: win the state lottery.
      On the iPod right now is: the new Pearl Jam album.
      Something I'm really proud of is: my home theatre.
      Hobbies: web design, playing silly games like Battlefield 2 online, collecting single malt whisky's.
      Favourite Food: you guessed it. Cheese.
    • Invision
    • Hero Rocketeer

Posted 14 years 4 months ago
    • I'm from: Mangalore, India.
      I found RT when: Joomla was interesting to me.
      For a living: I depend on my dad :P
      The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: Learn the basics :P
      Hobbies: Web Design/ Web developing Internet, Books etc.,
      Favourite Food: Indian Food (Vegetarian)
    • Apache Version 2.2.14 (Unix) | PHP Version 5.2.12 | MySQL Version 5.1.43-log | Architecture x86_64 | OS Linux | Joomla Version 1.5.20 | pHpBB v3.0.7-PL1 | Firefox v3.6.8 | Internet Explorer 8 |

• I'm from: Winnipeg, Canada
      I found RT when: When i was first learning Joomla!
      For a living I: Build website templates, host servers and do IT Consulting
      The best film I've ever seen is: to many to count
      The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: Travel Route 66 in a Shelby GT
      On the iPod right now is: i don't own an iPod
      Something I'm really proud of is: My cars
      Hobbies: cars, airsoft, paint ball, programming, websites, computers and gaming
      Favourite Food: a good burger or pub food

Yay my first post!
    • Tyndie
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• I'm from: Basingstoke, Hampshire UK
      I found RT when: My subdreamer subscription ran out, went looking for mambo and found joomla.
      For a living I: Freelance web consultant, lifeboat search and rescue.
      Films: Armageddon, Transformers 1&2, Star Trek, Day After Tomorrow
      Music: Trance, Dance, Hardcore, Anything good on the radio.
      Books: Books by James Patterson.
      Something I'm really proud of is: Gave up smoking after 19 years
      One day I want to: Visit Salt Lake City
      On the Audio Player right now: www.di.fm/mp3/club.pls
      Hobbies: Play waterpolo, go swimming, play football, ps3, fast boats, building websites.
      Favourite Food: Pizza
    • rafael.r
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I'm from: São Paulo, Brazil
      I found RT when: I was looking for a template that - I did not know yet - was SolarSentinel
      For a living I: am a Biologist/Ecologist, but also work as a consultant in some ''non-biological'' projects
      Films: Pulp Fiction
      Music: Rock'n'Roll
      Books: Philosophy, Literature
      Something I'm really proud of is: working only with a computer, my office being anywhere
      One day I want to: have time to write more
      On the IPod right now: some classic piano music
      Hobbies: Chess, inline skating, nature and wildlife
      Favourite Food: the one I cook
    • Daniel Ransom
    • Rocketeer
    • IT Professional - Cisco

• I'm from: UK - London, Surrey

I found RT when: Looking for a template for my site and stumbled across here !

For a living I: did server in the British Forces but now work as a IT Contractor for the UK Gov

The best film I've ever seen is: Robin Hood Prince of Thieves... What can I say im a sucker for the sound track !

On the iPod right now and always will be: Evanescense - My Immortal

The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: to ride around the world on a Lambretta

Something I'm really proud of is: having served for Britain and still doing so in one way or another :cheesy:
    • This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Posted 14 years 3 weeks ago
    • I'M FROM: East Boothbay, Maine a beautiful village on a peninsula on the coast of Maine. We have all seasons here. Currently, while other parts of the country have been hit with historic storms, we have had a relatively mild winter- only one Nor Easter last week that knocked out our power for a few days.

I FOUND RT WHEN: I very recently found RT when my web server could no longer offer ProStores because Ebay decided not to farm it out. My web server did not inform me of this until there were only a few days to spare and that, of course is when the Nor-Easter hit a knocked out our power for three days. I searched for Joomla ecommerce templates and found RT.

FOR A LIVING I am carrying on a second generation ceramic art and design and manufacturing company. This is a family business and we each wear many hats and so I am the web designer for www.andersenstudio.com , which probably has a lot of missing links right now because the very first thing that happened with Joomla is that, it seems my back door administration login is entangled with a front door administration login and for the moment everything leads only to a screen with a bug on it.

THE BEST FILMS I'VE EVER SEEN ARE: Brave heart comes to mind. Recently i saw Twilight and liked it. Lots of others that are not coming to mind at this moment.

ON THE IPOD RIGHT NOW AND WILL ALWAYS BE: I don't have an iPod but I love to listen to classical jazz, Sidney Bechet, Pee Wee Russell, Suzanne McCorckle, Diana Krall, Ella Washington, Duke Ellington. I also enjoy rock and country and indie music.

THE THING I WOULD LIKE TO DO RIGHT NOW THAT I HAVEN'T DONE IS: I would like to find the perfect licensing agreement for our ceramic designs, which means perfect artisticaly, philosophicaly, and finacially, so that we have the foundation for licensing the production rights of our designs, preferably to Maine or American ceramic studio prodcutions so that our line can continue to be an American made line even in these challenging economic times- and that line can be a viable American export. The licensing rights to our extensive lines of wild life sculpture and functional forms would provide finacial security to myself and all of my five siblings, and the creative business that my parents started can be continued through future generations of an extended community as a made in America craft.

SOMETHING I AM REALLY PROUD OF IS: The United States Constitution and American individuality and entrepreneurial spirit.

HOBBIES: Reading, most recently I like metaphysics and quantum physics, but I have also read a lot of classic fiction and science fiction. I like to walk and swim as well – habits that I need to regain at this time. I do sitting still and standing still while focusing on breathing exercises also.

FAVORITE FOOD: Cucumber Soup and Sauteed Haddock come to mind.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds