Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Cookies

• DJsCass
    • Hero Rocketeer

Cookies

Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    • I am posting this in general because it is probably an issue for all RT templates. I just learned that some countries have a regulation regarding cookies from a site (notice and given an opportunity to opt out). Being just a hair above a novice, I do not understand much of this but believe if you have Analytics activated, you would be collecting cookies. Is there a simple way to put this information on a RT site generally? Where would it go if someone has to put it on themselves? I looked into the Template info where the Analytics code goes but did not see anything. If this is not the correct place to put this question, please advise and I will post it on the Audacity forum (which is the one I am using). I hope this is making sense to somebody out there. Thanks for any help.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Cookies

• This would all be outside the scope of support here... if you're looking for legal cookie compliance there are a number of plugins out there that ask a user to confirm their acceptance of your site using cookies
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • DJsCass
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: Cookies

• I think that is what I'm looking for...so there are some plugins that would do that? Thanks--I will search it out but you gave me something to go on. Was my assumption right that if you use Analytics, that would constitute using "cookies" on the site? I appreciate it.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds