Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Anacron - Not showing Author name / link in Articles

• SOLVED Anacron - Not showing Author name / link in Articles

Posted 9 years 2 weeks ago
    • I'm having an issue with Anacron, in that the authors name shows up, as expected in a category list, but when you drill down into the article, it does not show the author name/link.

It just has "Written by:" and then a blank space.
      (See attached pics)

Also, when you look at a given Authors CB profile, it lists all the articles .... there is just no link back to the profile from the article itself.

This is an issue site wide ... not just isolated articles.

Has anyone else experienced this?
      Do I just need to flick a switch somewhere?

I have played with the article settings "Show Author" and "Link Author" in both global settings and at the article level ...
      Show Author: Show
      Link Author: No

I did revert to a default theme, and guess what ... it works - but I can use that them, because it's awful!

Has anyone else come across this?

Thanks
      Anton

pipingdesigners.com
    • Last Edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by Anton Dooley.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Anacron - Not showing Author name / link in Articles

• Please do not post extensions/template specific questions in the "General Discussion" forum. You should post in the extension forum or template forum as appropriate. Most of these forums are for members who have a current PAID membership. Our priority is always to assist paying members.

Thank you for your understanding.

Your membership appears to have expired - support requires a current subscription.

You anacron template is way out of date on version 1.0 - we're now on v1.4. To downmload this you would need a current subscription too.

Use this code...
      .parent-category-name span, .category-name span, .create span, .modified span, .published span, .createdby span, .hits span {
          display: inline-block;
      }
      This is how to create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 4...

Simply create a file called "<TEMPLATENAME>-custom.css" and put this file in the CSS folder of the template (where <TEMPLATENAME> is the name of the template as seen in template manager e.g. rt_iridescent would be rt_iridescent-custom.css). GANTRY4 will automatically load this CSS file. If you wish, you can also have browser specific files by appending, for example, "-ie9" making the filename "<TEMPLATENAME>-custom-ie9.css"

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Anton Dooley

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Anacron - Not showing Author name / link in Articles

• Thanks Mark,

That code worked nicely,
    • Last Edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by Anton Dooley.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds