Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Grid Issue in Safari, affecting Osmosis and subsequent templates

• Grid Issue in Safari, affecting Osmosis and subsequent templates

Posted 9 years 3 weeks ago
    • First, I've been using RocketTheme for years and have to say, I absolutely love you guys, so it's not lightly that I bring this to your attention.

Beginning with Osmosis, the templates do not properly display the grid in Safari (for Windows). I can't tell if it's a Gantry issue or the templates.

demo.rockettheme.com/joomla-templates/osmosis/

Is there anything that can be done about this? From Osmosis moving forward I've developed at least ten sites using these templates and this was just brought to my attention.

I know Apple discontinued Safari for Windows after 5.1.7; but it still has a good 5% of the market - so it affects a substantial number of users. If it's not worth checking on because the browser is after all discontinued, I suppose I can try to convince clients who bring it to my attention that they should switch browsers.

Thanks!

Rich
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

Re: Grid Issue in Safari, affecting Osmosis and subsequent templates

• Sorry, but Safari 5 (win) has a marketshare of under 0.3% ... means nobody is using it.
      If your template has a ie9 specific files you can try duplicating and renaming them like

master-ie9.css to
      master-safari5.css

I hope this helps ...
    • Last Edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by Henning.
  • Re: Grid Issue in Safari, affecting Osmosis and subsequent templates

• I'll do just that - it hadn't occurred to me. Thanks!

That low huh? Very good to know.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds