Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Forum Issues/Feedback - Secure Tab, Post Preview, and Advanced Search

• Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Forum Issues/Feedback - Secure Tab, Post Preview, and Advanced Search

Posted 9 years 11 months ago
    • Maybe use this thread for forum related issues? I searched and searched and couldn't find one... If not I'll retitle the thread to the specific stuff below:

Secure Tab:

It appears that only mods and above can read any secure tab posts that anyone makes; users can make and view their own secure tab posts; and that's about it...

However, as a user when posting in a secure tab it states that the OP will be able to read your post along with mods and above; it doesn't seem the OP can actually read other user secure tab posts...

I dunno how to best articulate this last point, but see attached, I sometimes see a message stating that I should be able to see secure tab content even when i'm not the OP... but I can't see it.

Post Preview Button

Could it be disabled please? lol. Just leave the "Preview Icon" in the lower right-edge of the post enabled is my votex10. I can't tell you how many times I've clicked the preview button and then been like "yup, that looks good" and then I click CANCEL because that's how a ton of forums work for backing out of the preview... but instead, it cancels my post :'(

The way you're supposed to (only way u can?) back out of the preview is the little tiny itsy-bitsy'ish "Black X" in the upper right... if you'd PREVIOuSLY click the little grey Preview Icon you'd have a much higher success rate on click the Black X to back out ;)

Sub-Forum Search

If you wanna search a non-joomla forum it's a little difficult to *quickly* scroll the MASSIVE list of sub-forums... I scroll all the way down to search the Magento Forums quite a bit and it's easy to fly right past it on the scroll... I know, I'm being a little whiny... but still :)

Thanks!
    • Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

Re: New Forum Issues/Feedback

• Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: New Forum Issues/Feedback

• ? that's the sub-forum I posted this/it is in... this thread is specific to the Forum, not the entire new RT3 site...

I'll just take it to mean I should make this thread about the specific items of feedback versus a catch all... I'll change the title
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds