Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Invalid Token

• Eoin
    • Hero Rocketeer

Invalid Token

Posted 10 years 2 months ago
    • I got the invalid token message when I logged in. I get this on loads of my sites too. Since I don't know the solution I can't help. But if you do find it I think it would be a great help to your users. I don't doubt that this is a Joomla! issue, but I note a lot of forum posts regarding this issue, and having searched the Joomla forum, I don't know of a solution. I thought you guys might have solved it, as I'm fairly fresh behind the ears.
    • Just a lonely web designer trying to make his way
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Invalid Token

Posted 10 years 1 month ago
    • Yah it's a Joomla security thing. Basically Joomla uses a session based token that must be passed into each form submission. That token is associated with your session, so if you have a form open, for example a forum post you are writing, for a long time and your session times out, you will see this error when you try to submit.

There are workarounds that involve using 'keep-alives' when your on a form page, so if you let us know where you got this invalid token error, we'll take a look.

Cheers!
    • Eoin
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: Invalid Token

Posted 10 years 1 month ago
    • I got the error because I logged in, then I came back a few hours later to check if there was a reply. Then had to log in again.

I also get this error every single time I log into my Joomla! Administration pages. So I don't understand it because I don't stay for ages on a form page or anything like that.

Really like the new site btw :)
    • Just a lonely web designer trying to make his way

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds