Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Broke my site uninstalling MC

• Stargazer
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Broke my site uninstalling MC

Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    • Dear MrT!
      Even if MC would be "extrmely popular" (very, very doubtful statement) in the past, now it's getting real-pain-in-you-know-where.
      Sad but true finale for unsufficiently considered software.

Mr Thom!
      Before updating to Joomla 3.3 make this NOT OBVIOUS STEP to clear from unlucky software:
      go to the Plugin Manager screen and Disable the System - MissionControl Support plugin. Then onto Extension Manager -> Manage -> enter Mission into the Search box and then click all the Mission Control results and choose to Uninstall.
  • Re: SOLVED Broke my site uninstalling MC

• Thanks, Stargazer!
      At least now I was able to uninstall the template without breaking the site!
      Nice job!
      Jaco
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Broke my site uninstalling MC

• Ok, So I have tested this and this is the way to remove mission control successfully.

1. change default ADMIN template from mission control to another ADMIN template
      2. uninstall the mission control PLUGIN from extension manager > manage
      3. uninstall mission control TEMPLATE from extension manager > manage

You must do it in the above sequence - do not deviate from this or you will break your site.

I will add a sticky to the mission control forum - http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/missioncontrol-joomla-admin-template/235181-important-information-about-uninstalling-mission-control .

Jaco Thom - your other messages are about SSL - nothing to do with this issue.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 9 years 3 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Thanks, Mark.
      Regards
      Jaco

• Joomla 2.5.28
      above instructions to do not work!!!
      Uninstalling the mission control plugin or disabling it immediately looses access to backend!
      Cannot do anything else in backend until restore is done.
      Changed default some time ago, but does not change admin templates that are used from mission control.

Must follow below link for info on how to remove mission control as current admin template
      forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=615&t=716408
    • Last Edit: 9 years 3 months ago by GeoBiker.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds