Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Joomla 3.0

• Re: Joomla 3.0

Posted 10 years 11 months ago
    • Just want to follow this thread for when the update is released. I love Mission control, it's so much better than the stock Joomla UI. Can't wait for the 3.0 release. :)
    • Al Duccino
    • Computer Technician

Re: Joomla 3.0

• I completely agree with Bicycleman, Mission Control is so much better than the stock joomla UI, I can't wait to see the 3.0 version.
    • Al Duccino

• I think the same any updates on that?

• I've had the pleasure of using the MC 2.5 template. I hope one will be coming out for 3.0. I agree with the above posters that the stock Joomla admin panel is not that great.

Posted 10 years 10 months ago
    • What is the status of MC for J3?
      My Joomla as a service application uses MC, but I'm moving to J3.
      I need to know if I'll have to abandon MC....that will suck.
      MC is excellent.
    • "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."
    • Twiggliscious
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Joomla KungFu!!!

• Net,

I have personally...moved on...it isn't coming out...least not soon.

Mike-

• Mike-

"Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be." – Mandalorian saying...

• Why such a lag on updating Mission Control for Joomla 3?

Is it even on RT's radar for updating to Joomla 3?
    • Sincerely,
      Brandon Cardone
      Card One Concepts
      "We Only Do Well The Things We Love To Do"

• @Twiggliscious - What did you move on to? Is there something else out there that is as good?
    • Twiggliscious
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Joomla KungFu!!!

• SB,

I decided to bite the bullet...I personally hate using the RT Rokpad...but a lot of what they do gets scrubbed out by JCE or Tiny...so I decided to just force myself to use the normal J3.0 back end...and RokPad...Mission Control was cool because I could switch between editors right from the top...so when I had a special module or article I could switch to RP, JCE, or Tiny with a quick click...now it's tedious again...

Ratings...(3 out of 5 stars) The J3.0 backend drives me nuts because I was used to the MC J2.5...but that's to be expected...they just moved too much stuff around...little things...but again...who can cry at free stuff that works...

RokPad...not even going to rate it...not dissing it...it just isn't the way I think...I loved JCE because I'm a visual person and just love seeing what I'm doing...I'm not a savant...don't dream code and and visions...but, I have a solid background in html and css...so I can go back and forth between the preview and html when needed with no problems...(problem is, even with fix html off and whatnot...code gets scrubbed out often on these new templates)...RokPad gets the bonus of not scrubbing the special divs and whatnot...but that's about it...it's manageable...I just open the site and refresh a lot now to see changes...reminds me of the old days and a program called Hotdog...LOL...web company I worked for wanted us to use it...I'd open it up...then minimize it, switch to Ultraedit (just straight html and css) and a browser...and roll from there...

Overall this experience is forcing me to utilize more of the features of RT, out of sheer frustration...I like Ohanah's extension because on the backend, they have their own tool bars and layout...I think MC should do the same...leave the backend the convoluted way it is...and you log into a section much like you do for the template with gantry...that would offer Andy and his team more control, leave it confusing for customers (so they hire you to do it for them...lol) and everyone wins...

But that's my two-cents...

Mike- :mrgreen:

• Mike-

"Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be." – Mandalorian saying...

• I remember Hotdog. Might actually still have a copy of it around somewhere (not that I would use it).
      I hear you about not dreaming code. I've been in this a while myself, though Web Design was kind of a fluke getting started. I've been in IT since '87. I make sure never to call myself an expert in front of someone who really is :)

I've not had too many difficulties with JCE scrubbing code as long as I tell it to allow javascript, php and CSS. I don't like letting anything mindless "fix" my code for me. I don't mind it alerting me that I'm screwed, but I'll figure it out myself. That said, you're probably doing stuff that's light years ahead of me.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds