Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 5, Etherial template - The Path Bike Shop

• cbray

Gantry 5, Etherial template - The Path Bike Shop

Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    • Website URL: thepathbikeshop.com/

Additional Extensions used: Zoo by YOOtheme for the clearance pages, RokAjaxSearch

Custom Development: removal of color block on the homepage main slideshow, custom HTML footer on all pages

For the future:
      1.) Adding a page for photos with various albums (still trying to figure out how I want this to work, there are a LOT of photos to display and organize)
      2.) some type of events calendar for all the weekly rides and demo events
      3.) Map for people to get driving directions to the two store locations

Please feel free to give any feedback on what's here, as well as ideas or suggestions for the future plans. Thanks!
    • Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by cbray.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Gantry 5, Etherial template - The Path Bike Shop

• Nice site, well done. :)

My comments would be:

1. your site takes 26 seconds to load the page for me. The reasons for this are that you are downloading 6.9MB of images (this is a lot - especially for mobiles). Also, you don't appear to be using any compressor (e.g. rokbooster). Are you using "conservative" cache and gzip compression too?

2. You see to have a lot of markup errors that need addressing too https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=http%3A%2F%2Fthepathbikeshop.com%2F

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • cbray

• MrT wrote:
      Nice site, well done. :)

My comments would be:

1. your site takes 26 seconds to load the page for me. The reasons for this are that you are downloading 6.9MB of images (this is a lot - especially for mobiles). Also, you don't appear to be using any compressor (e.g. rokbooster). Are you using "conservative" cache and gzip compression too?

2. You see to have a lot of markup errors that need addressing too https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=http%3A%2F%2Fthepathbikeshop.com%2F

Regards, Mark.

Thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated.

1. I need to figure out what size to make the images in the slideshow; I tried a smaller file size and the images were blurry. I'll have to keep working on this.

- I've enabled RokBooster, switched from "disabled caching" to "conservative caching", and enabled gzip compression (though it hasn't kicked in yet). Thanks for the info!

2. I was able to solve some of the "warning" markup errors, but many of the "error" markups I am not sure where to find. Guess I will have to do some figuring on this too.

I am a newbie at all this, so you've taught me some new things to look out for. Thank you!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• ok - let us know how you get on.

Is your issue now solved? If so, please EDIT your FIRST POST in this thread by adding [SOLVED] at the start of the title and then select the TICK icon. This lets the moderators know that it can be moved to the solved section.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds