0 items Join Now

Myriad - Football Site Start Up.

• Leon J
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Myriad - Football Site Start Up.

Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    • Myriad - Football site.

Hi all,

I have recently uploaded my new site www.touchtight.com using the Myriad template. Any feedback on the design and structure of the site would be great.

I am actually looking for a Rocket Theme - Myriad Guru to be able to maintain / improve the performance with improvements to the SEO (Keywords and the rest) and implementation of other features such as multi-lingual and user areas to store articles (which I know very little about!).

I know it is hard to find somebody who is familiar with this template and is able to maintain this, but this is my pride and joy that I am trying to build and hopefully will grow to be something popular far and wide. (1000 twitter followers in 3 weeks, 75 members in 4 days.. it's a start).

Thanks,

Leon.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Myriad - Football Site Start Up.

• Hi Leon J:

1. Please read our documentation on multi-language set-up here http://www.rockettheme.com/docs/joomla/basic/how_to_create_a_multilingual_site.md

2. You need to change your browser page title for the home page as it still says "Myriad - December 2014". Menu manager > home menu item > page display options tab > browser title.

3. You should add a favicon.ico to your joomla root folder.

4. You should change a lot of the footer information such as "Rockettheme" branding and "about myriad" "Guide and documentation" "community and support" etc etc

5. I would alter your menu to try and get it to stay on one line rather than wrapping at tablet viewport sizes. You should try and reduce/shorten the items and reduce width/padding/margins

6. You're only using Myriad v1.1 - so you should update to v1.2 to get the latest bug fixes.

7. You should post in the "marketplace" forum if you are looking for PAID developer support.

I hope that helps.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Leon J

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Leon J
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Many Thanks Mark,

I will try all of those things as soon as I can and then let you know how all goes.

Silly question but is my joomla root folder accessible through template settings or backend through host. (Terminology kills me!), as mentioend previously most of site done with very little editing to files such as CSS etc.

Thanks,

JG
    • Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Leon J.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You would normally access joomla root folder either through ftp or your cPanel/plesk panel file manager.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds