Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Joomla Websites - Myriad J3.3.6

• Chemory
    • Rocketeer

Joomla Websites - Myriad J3.3.6

Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    • Hellooo everybody :)

So recently finished my own personal new website and I'd love to get feedback on overall look and feel and please let me know if you spot any glitches :)

Website URL: www.joomla-websites.biz

Additional Extensions: Only additional is a component that hides the backend login page with a secure value & key. Everything else came in the template. I usually use RSForm, but I'm avoiding forms on purpose - seen too many hacks lately where the injection point was via forms, so I try not to use forms unless the client absolutely insists.

Custom Development: There's a fair bit of custom CSS, mostly governing fonts, colours, sizes. Some of it is module-specific CSS. Then I did do some customisations for mobile view. So the fullstrip on the front page for mobile view changes responsively to have one block per strip. And then I unhid (with MrT's help I'll admit), the description text on the front page slider view. Thanks MrT :)

Other Features: All the little strips on the FP and main services page :) These form a seamless pattern when zoomed in at 125%. If you put the 100% blocks to each other, the pattern isn't seamless. It only becomes seamless when zoomed in on the strips :) One of my more interesting design challenges lol, but I got it right eventually :)

Really look forward to hearing feedback from other devs.... first time in my career I've been brave enough to do something like this LOL :) Be gentle please :)

Thanks and have an extraordinary love-filled day :)

Chem
  • Re: Joomla Websites - Myriad J3.3.6

Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    • Chemory
    • Rocketeer

Re: Joomla Websites - Myriad J3.3.6

Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    • Hi Hugo :)

Thanks for the reply... did you try clicking on the actual slides? Wasn't too worried about the arrows cos I know you can click on the slide to make it load. If that's not obvious then I possibly need to add an instruction.

Again thank you for the feedback. Truly appreciated.

Hope you have a love-filled day.
    • psd
    • Rocketeer

• Hi Chemory,

Well done on the looks of the site.

Your homepage is titled 'Welcome', this could be expanded to improve brand awareness of just who you are.

You say it is your personal website, but it is more your business website. If I were you I would think about the brand you are building. Is it you personally and your skills. Is it a business with a distinct brand. Is it safe in the longer term to link your brand so closely with Joomla?

just my thoughts

Paul
    • Chemory
    • Rocketeer

• Hi Paul :)

By personal I meant for my services :) I have a very established profile in SA already for what I do in terms of services and closed my official company down last year.

To be honest, the joomla websites thing is purely an SEO trick - it helps enormously with traffic.

I don't dev for clients where I don't use Joomla anymore and I doubt that will change in the next couple of years, or for the lifetime of the site :)

I am trying to remove a lot of the personal reference to me on purpose and keep it very services oriented.

Thank you for the feedback - I hear your opinions and will consider them :)

Warm regards
      Chemory
  • Re: Joomla Websites - Myriad J3.3.6

• Regarding the name of your website, I would recommend that you proceed with caution -- Joomla is a registered trademark. This is an excerpt from their website www.opensourcematters.org .

If I have a domain name with the word Joomla! in it, what should I do?

First, review the domain name use policy.
      Second, register your use using the form on the Open Source Matters website.
      Third, make it clear on your website and elsewhere that you have no official connection with Open Source Matters, the Joomla! project or joomla.org. When your use is approved you will receive specific text for use as a disclaimer.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds