Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Myriad for PedalPoint

• Myriad for PedalPoint

Posted 9 years 4 months ago
    • My first Joomla! build using Myriad theme. Still filling more content, but would love some feedback and tips! Site here PedalPoint
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Myriad for PedalPoint

• Jeremy Wilkinson wrote:
      My first Joomla! build using Myriad theme. Still filling more content, but would love some feedback and tips! Site here PedalPoint

Very nice but.... a few things :(

Remember the following is IMHO ;)

I know our demo does it but I find the top three modules a tad busy, visually:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

If you have time try to separate the three modules with two intervening text modules. A title using the WOW.js and a snippet of text. This would make a nice divider for those image modules.

Also I'm an older
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
      fellow so your "PricePoint" text is hard for me to read.

Lastly you need to centre the RokGallery module, I have OCD about symmetry :( , so add:
      .rg-ss-slice-container {
      	margin-left: auto;
      	margin-right: auto;
      	width: 100% !important;
      }
      .rg-ss-navigation-container {
      	margin-left: auto;
      	margin-right: auto;
      	width: 100% !important;
      }
    • Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by DanG.
  • Re: Myriad for PedalPoint

• Dan, thanks for the input! I do agree with you on the busy side there. Still learning Joomla and didnt want to break the theme, so wasn't sure where/how to add another module in safely.

I did have a few questions in regards to the pricepoint module. I had a thought to change it to white text, but when it's minimized it inserts a white background on the content text. I like that background effect, but couldn't figure out where to keep it inserted on larger screens. Is it best to do this in the template manager control, or better with a custom css?

The gallery module, I had asked about, but I think maybe the questions wasnt understood properly before. Thanks for the help!
    • Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Jeremy Wilkinson.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Myriad for PedalPoint

• Jeremy Wilkinson wrote:
      Dan, thanks for the input! I do agree with you on the busy side there. Still learning Joomla and didnt want to break the theme, so wasn't sure where/how to add another module in safely.

I did have a few questions in regards to the pricepoint module. I had a thought to change it to white text, but when it's minimized it inserts a white background on the content text. I like that background effect, but couldn't figure out where to keep it inserted on larger screens. Is it best to do this in the template manager control, or better with a custom css?

The gallery module, I had asked about, but I think maybe the questions wasnt understood properly before. Thanks for the help!

Create new Topics and post the links back here, you Uber killer ;)

• Actually... had one more

Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    • 24mb to load. loadingtime enourmos. there is no way with this to get leads.

dont use png for images, which aren't transparent. your filesizes are enormous.

pedalpoint community gallery. a click on the picture should bring up a bigger picture, not a smaller. use a smaller size for the gallery images and load only on click a bigger size. think to use not so much images in tis gallery on homepage of your site.

get firefox with firebug addon with yslow addon, and you see where you have to work on

greetz
      achim

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds