Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Re: Is this forum bridged at all?

Re: Is this forum bridged at all?

Posted 18 years 2 months ago
    • I really want to recreate the way you have intergrated smf with joomla. have you used a bridge at all to link the main site and the forum?

I tried the Bridge Mambo, Joomla SMF 1.1.2, but when I tried to add my own header to the forum, it also created a new header on the main site, therefore giving me 2 headers on the main site.
    • Stew Thompson
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • School Teacher

Re: Re: Is this forum bridged at all?

• Cheers Stewart. I'll see if the joomlahack bridge works any better

• OK I have the bridge installed and everything seems to be working fine apart from one big problem......

I have the forum unwrapped and in a sub dir the folder where my joomla is installed. Now if I for example make any changes to the footer of the smf template (index.template.php) the changes also appear on my joomla site.

So for example. If I delete the footer from the smf board template file, the footer also dissapears from my joomla site. It seems joomla is using the smf templates too?

I'm using the IG gazzette template if that makes any difference?
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• that ist truely odd, but then again although this forum is bridged it's unwrapped, and i use a custom smf template that looks the same as the joomla one. Not sure what's going on with the wrapped footer changing your joomla template. I could understand it if you change the joomla template and it affects both, but not the other way around.

• Andy Miller wrote:
      that ist truely odd, but then again although this forum is bridged it's unwrapped, and i use a custom smf template that looks the same as the joomla one. Not sure what's going on with the wrapped footer changing your joomla template. I could understand it if you change the joomla template and it affects both, but not the other way around.

Yeah that is exactly what I was trying to do. The forum is bridged but unwrapped. Any changes I make to the index.template.php in the /forums/themes/default/ directory seem to get merged with my main sites template.

Its the oddest thing I've ever seen :(

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds