Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    • oceano wrote:
      I know that you have some of the best of designer and developer for joomla on the market. The impact whit Gantry 5 is very big because is something very different but I'm sure you want give more power fre creativity to us, is just question of learn.

There is some idea about build template specific? I mean like for hotel, travel Agency, news ecc, in the past we had only for news...btw all your template can be adapt to all :)

Thank you for the unswer i appreciate DanG

I think you'll like this month's template ;)
    • The following users have thanked you: Tyndie, yaani

• Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• oceano wrote:
      I know that you have some of the best of designer on the market.

I disagree with you more and more since all templates look exactly the same - only nuances from month to month.

Gantry5 is great (once it will have gotten more features like the really needed import / export for particles) but just look at the old templates a few years ago.
      Every month it was a huge suprise how the new template will look like - they were all very different!
      And now? It's totally boring! Every template looks the same, the only difference is maybe a new particle.

I really hope that the "design" will become more important again once Gantry5 will have become more or less stable and feature complete.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Björn Hallier.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• RocketTheme has always kept current with design trends, even leading them, however the current trend (and has been for a few years now) is flat and clean with large big-headers, and interesting typography. Gone are the days of gratuitous textures, gradients and shadows.

What that means is that it's very hard to really bring something 'new' to the table when it comes to template design. We work with some of the most talented designers in the business to create our designs that we then transform into flexible and powerful templates for you. We task them to push the envelop each time.

This is an ongoing challenge that effects all web designers, just look at any website inspiration gallery or any other theme site, you will notice the same thing, every design has a lot of similarities.

Even so, we still try to push the envelope and do things a little differently, but there's only so much you can do with a template itself, much of that uniqueness must still come from your content.
    • The following users have thanked you: yaani

• David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Andy Miller wrote:
      Even so, we still try to push the envelope and do things a little differently, but there's only so much you can do with a template itself, much of that uniqueness must still come from your content.

Just to add to that simple but important comment, the biggest impact on a site is the visual content. Sometimes our demos look the same because we have the same demo content on sub-pages. By spending extra time and care to find the right images for your site's content and then displaying them in various positions / layouts you can make our templates look very different to the demo.

One of our clients wanted modern but clean but not fullwidth display. Here is their site - iscas.org.uk/ - and it is based on a stripped down version of Corvus. Client loves it.

This site - chelseasurgeonsclinic.com/ - is based on Plethora. Again it was adapted to meet the client's brief.

So we go from each end of the spectrum - open it and use it as is with your own content to take what you want and change the rest. It is all down to available skills and as Andy said - Good content. After all, content is King!
    • The following users have thanked you: yaani

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Björn Hallier wrote:
      I disagree with you more and more since all templates look exactly the same - only nuances from month to month.

Andy and David have made excellant points and I would like to add a little to that. To us Design means a lot more than the images we provide our demos. An important part is the coding that allows a user to easily fit his clients content into our template and have it look great. Over the past 4 years with RocketTheme I've seen this coding change so rapidly to make our templates more stable and at the same time provide our users with a Plethora of choices in the way they want to present the clients content.

As an example with hard-coded templates such as this recent one:
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

I can't make it look like one of their earlier templates:

However with our recent Cygnet template:

I CAN make it look this 2008 Replicant template:

So maybe the Demos may look the same to you but there is a LOT more than just the images and layout that goes into the Design. Our Extensions are always at the forefront to give you the user the creativity that you need. Recently a competing template provider used our RokSprocket Extension to Front Page demo one of their monthly templates.

The bottom line here is we've designed our templates so that you can make them look like anything your client may desire.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by DanG.

• To offend someone wasn't my intention at all, however our old small company's website is based on Ionosphere.
      http://www.bootssattlerei-hallier.de

The original Ionosphere I didn't like that much, but after some customization and especially changing the colors I fell in love with the template.
      Our website is heavily based on images (in the JoomGallery we have about 3000 public images) and within the next months the website has to become responsive and bases on Joomla 3.x.
      All the articles etc. will be completely rewritten.

I'm still waiting for a nice looking, non flat template - just something different from all the same looking bootstrap based / inspired templates.

I can imagine hard it is to invent a new design if it has to be flat.
      However nowadays every - and I mean every website - looks more or less exactly the same, completely exchangeable.
      In my opinion this is a very sad design trend since content is not everything. Important but not everything.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Björn Hallier.
    • Aleksei
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• It is not obvious. No technique. The template is not completely clear. The template is not only for professionals of your level.
      Additionally.Choice: video, presentation, listening, reading. For each material. Depending on the size of the screen.
      It is also possible to call directly from the site (phone). Many people make the order by phone. Confidence living seller
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi Björn,

Why not simply update your site with the Joomla 3 responsive version of Ionosphere if you like it that much?

Hope this helps 8)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information

• Has there been any progress with:

1) Fixing the issue of the Ganty 5 mobile menu not closing on Windows Phones.
      2) The ability to export and import outlines and particles for use with multiple templates?
    • Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by RedRiverBlack.
    • Grayphics
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    • I've noticed the similarities for some time now -- "yawn" and boring.

Some functionality changes would be nice - I'm looking to update my dying www.grayphics.com to a mobile friendly virtuemart enabled Joomla site. I've seen templates out there, but RocketTheme membership has me waiting for the next month to come around and see if things change.
    • always appreciate your feedback on our site: http://www.grayphics.com

Time to create page: 0.359 seconds