Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Cannot build pages...

Cannot build pages...

Posted 18 years 2 months ago
    • I've been using Mambo/Joomla for a couple of months now and have not run accros this problem in the past. I have changed servers and had to start all over again, unforunately. This time around I am running into problems. Everytime I try to creat a page, static, or otherwise, I get this error when trying to access the page from the site:

Forbidden
      You don't have permission to access /home/content/category/5/19/48/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I've tried everything I know to do. I am allowed to change pages already created, add to them, but thats it. I need to be able to create sections and categories then a page to fall under them, but it's not working... ARGHHH.

The weird thing is, everything looks right on the control panel side, but when you go to access it through the website, nothing...

Please help!
  • Re: Cannot build pages...

• Admin---->Site
      >Configuration
      > SEO

Try turning off search engine friendly URLS.
  • Re: Cannot build pages...

• Yeah, what he said...

If that doesn't do the trick, try checking the chmod permissions on your folders. When you changed servers, your folders may have been changed to server defaults.
    • Signature

Re: Cannot build pages...

• Bless you, bless you! ;D I would have never known to turn the search engine friendly URLS thing off. I've never even heard of it... Again, thank you. I'm sure as I continue working on my site, I'll find something else I don't know, it's a vicious cycle... ::)

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds