Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Popups to collect email addresses

• Amgeek
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Crazy

SOLVED Popups to collect email addresses

Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    • Can anyone suggest an extention or plug-in that will display a popup asking visitors to sign up for an email newsletter?

I have looked at "Hello Bar" www.hellobar.com/ and that would be ok but I cant get that to work in my Citadel theme.
      I have Breezing Forms but so far have not seen how to make that "popup" at specified times like Hello Bar seems to be able to do.
    • Truly Personal Computer Service
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: SOLVED Popups to collect email addresses

• I would look to whomever you're going to use to actually send your newsletter and find code that's integrated with their collection form.

ie. for mailchimp: kb.mailchimp.com/lists/signup-forms/add-...form-to-your-website
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Amgeek
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Crazy

Re: SOLVED Popups to collect email addresses

• Starting further back than that :)

But, did try MailChimp. Too much "Monkey" and not enough banana. Did not show at all on mobile sites and just looks "OK" on desktop. Client only needs to get the address and then puts it in their own little system so they don't want to learn or move at the moment.

Eventually got directed to the Home > Style & Design > Popups & iFrames section of Joomla extension directory.
      I settled on a pair of extensions from www.tassos.gr/joomla-extensions . EngageBox and ConvertForms Pro.
      This is getting the job done well, looks great, mobiles like a chimp er... I mean CHAMP. Further, should the client grow to the point where a system like MailChimp better suit their needs it should be a quick change in the back end to get them there AND... if I ever really figure out BreezingForms that should work as well.

Thanks again.
      Amgeek
    • Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Amgeek.
    • Truly Personal Computer Service

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds